Monday, October 17, 2011

Trapped by Jack Kilborn:Reviewed by Jennifer

Trapped
By Jack Kilborn
Published June 14th 2011
Pick up your copy at Amazon, B&N, or your local indie today!

Synopsis borrowed from Goodreads:
It was supposed to be a harmless camping trip. Six wayward teenagers who'd run into trouble with the law, and their court-appointed guardians, Sara and Martin Randhurst. Three nights on a small, deserted island off of Michigan's upper peninsula. A time to bond, to learn, to heal. Then Martin told a campfire story about the island's history. Of the old civil war prison hidden in there, and the starving confederate soldiers who resorted to cannibalism to stay alive. Everyone thought it was funny. They even laughed when Martin pretended to be dragged off into the woods. But Martin didn't come back. And neither did Sara when she went in search of him. Then the laughter stopped.

The group soon began to realize that this deserted island wasn't so deserted after all. And perhaps Martin's ridiculous story had more truth to it than anyone thought. What's the most horrifying thing you can imagine? This is a hundred times worse...

By Jennifer from Can't Put It Down


My Thoughts…

One day….that is what it took me to read this book. I just finished it about 10 minutes ago and my mind is still reeling from what I read. First book I’ve ever read by Jack Kilborn and if his other books are just as good as Trapped he will have a new fan.

Gory, scary, frightening, spine-tingling, suspense-filled, excellent flow from one character to another (and there are a lot of them), plenty of background descriptions, no grammatical errors…just a few ways to describe Trapped! This book should be made into a movie! Now, I will tell you I read the Re-write version (his publishers didn’t like the original version, didn’t like the re-write either so the author published in e-book format on his own) and read it on the Kindle app on my phone and computer. The original, errors and all, was included with this e-book so sometime when I get done reading the hundreds of other books I really want to read right now I am going back to read it. Without giving anything away, I will tell you I was completely shocked with the direction certain characters took and sad when others died…

As I was reading this yesterday afternoon, daylight turned into darkness and I had to pull myself away and close the curtains and turn on some lights. You will NOT be disappointed with this book at all!


You can find Jennifer on her blog @ Can't Put It Down

Wanna join the Zompacolypse hop? Want all the Wastelanders to trick or treat at your blog this Halloween? Then why don't you join the most awesome party around?! Details are Here but beware of the zombies!! Remember.... we warned ya -- muhahahahas!

No comments:

Post a Comment