Sunday, October 2, 2011

Peeps: Review

Title: Peeps
Author: Scott Westerfeld
Published:2006
Synopsis from Goodreads

A year ago, Cal Thompson was a college freshman more interested in meeting girls and partying than in attending biology class. Now, after a fateful encounter with a mysterious woman named Morgan, biology has become, literally, Cal’s life.



Cal was infected by a parasite that has a truly horrifying effect on its host. Cal himself is a carrier, unchanged by the parasite, but he’s infected the girlfriends he’s had since Morgan. All three have turned into the ravening ghouls Cal calls Peeps. The rest of us know them as vampires. It’s Cal’s job to hunt them down before they can create more of their kind. . . .

Bursting with the sharp intelligence and sly humor that are fast becoming his trademark, Scott Westerfeld’s novel is an utterly original take on an archetype of horror.



WOW!! This was definately a different take on our sexy blood suckers. Really neat!! I loved how they linked everything up with parasites and even the side chapters that gave us a brief edumacation about the little ankle biters. Tre' cool!!

The author warned us about the GRAPHIC GRODY Detail in the book but not once did it turn my stomach. I guess the girlies who don't like icky things might not dig the chapters about hookworms and meatworms and stuff like that. It was all very interesting, though but not something I would like to have as a pet or meet in a dark ally or a swamp lolz.

I also enjoyed the early American history about NEW YORK CITY. THat was very very intersting. I liked how Westerfeld explained their street system and even the subway tunnels. Very informative and not boring like how a big text book would explain it :)

I got a bit bored in the beginning of this book but by the end I was glued. It all came together perfectly. Just stick with it and you won't be disappointed.

I can't wait to read the next one. I'm sure it will be better now that all the introductions are out of the way.

I really thought it was brilliant what the END RESULT was. -- WHAT? IF I say too much then that will make me a spoiler bunny. But I totally recommend all my vampire loving friends who want a little BITE in their book to check this out. It's really different, neat, and above all major coolness.

P.S. I think a boy or a girl would dig this book :)





Wanna join the Zompacolypse hop? Want all the Wastelanders to trick or treat at your blog this Halloween? Then why don't you join the most awesome party around?! Details are Here but beware of the zombies!! Remember.... we warned ya -- muhahahahas!

No comments:

Post a Comment