Friday, November 4, 2011

Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark #4)

Title: Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night
Author: Kresley Cole
Published: 2007
Synopsis from Goodreads

Her breathless kiss haunts him...
Bowen MacRieve of the Lykae clan was nearly destroyed when he lost the one woman meant for him. The ruthless warrior grew even colder, never taking another to his bed--until a smoldering encounter with his enemy, Mariketa the Awaited, reawakens his darkest desires. When sinister forces unite against her, the Highlander finds himself using all his strength and skill to keep her alive.

His slow, hot touch is irresistible...
Temporarily stripped of her powers, Mari is forced to take refuge with her sworn adversary. It's rumored that no one can tempt Bowen's hardened heart, but soon passion burns between them. Though a future together is impossible, she fears he has no intention of letting her go.

No deed is too wicked for her seduction...
If they defeat the evil that surrounds them, can Mari deny Bowen when he demands her body and soul--or will she risk everything for her fierce protector?

Greta sings:
I'm the winner!
You're the loser!
I'm the WIIIINNER!!
You're the Loo-ooo-ser!
I'm the Winner!
You're the LOOSER!
Greta's the winner and you are the Looser.


Darkfallen: What the hell? Is that the Indiana Jones song?


Greta: You know it!


Darkfallen: And what exactly did you win?


Greta: Muhahahaha! Another Lykae!


Darkfallen: What does that mean?


Greta: Oh you know... just another wolfy male to add to my collection.


Darkfallen: You better not be meaning what I think you're meaning!


Greta: He's mine damn it!! Don't make me go single white female on you.


Darkfallen: What? Have you ever seen that movie?


Greta: No.. but I'm assuming I can throw lazor beams out of my crotch and blind you then run away with Bowen.


Darkfallen: OMG! Gag!! You're gonna point your crotch at me?:


Greta: And then shoot you with my crotch lazor beam.


Darkfallen: That's disgusting!



Greta: Yet effective... muhahahahhas!! And now I'll take this big hunka lykae and be gone.


Darkfallen: Not a chance sister


*chainsaw revving


Greta: Muhahahahahhaaaas!


Darkfallen: Greta, I swear to Bob if you write "crotch warming" I'll literally go ape on you.


*CROTCH WARMING


Darkfallen: That's it!



*Darkfallen walks through mirror and battle has begun.


Chainsaw rev rev and crotchy ka-pow ka-ching


Then silence and smoke and.....


Darkfallen: There! That'll teach you to NEVER point that thing at me again. Bowen! Chop chop!! Let us be gone.


Greta: NOOOOOOOOO!! wait.... I've got a spare........LACHLAIN!! Snookums!! Mama needs her puppy dog!




Darkfallen: This is BY FAR my favorite IAD book YET!!

Greta: No, its not! Hunger Like No Other is!


Darkfallen: Uh-huh, and yet you we battled over the hunky Bowen.


Greta: I'm not at all beneath fighting for a lykae! RAWR!




Darkfallen: Bowen is so damn sexy that there were times I thought I might literally go crazy from his lustiness. Like I would maybe just hop in my car, grab the next flight to Scotland, and then immediately after landing grab the closest Scot I could get my hands on and


Parental Advisory: The scenes inside Darkfallen's head contain graphic & adult content. Not suitable for all ages

*winks*

But no really in this book Kresley Cole has simply out done herself. Even if you were to strip away all of the sexy fun time, which would make me a sad panda, you are left a story jammed pack with action, suspense, and twists you could never see coming. The plot is simply perfect. How it unfolds layer, by layer, and just when you think you have it all figured out she hits you with another blind sided twist.


Greta: KA-BAM!! And RAWR!! And Oh snapple apples!!




Darkfallen: I couldn't read this book fast enough and I am already excited for when I'll get to read it again. It amazes me how at one minute I could be completely heartbroken for Bowen and hating Mari. To crying for Mari and needing to smack Bowen the next. It's all those emotions spun so well, then mixed with a passion that is sure to leave you breathless...along with a few other things *waggles eyebrows* that makes this book what it is. A paranormal romance that is sure to make you dive in over your head and never come up for air. Besides who needs air when they have a Lykae?


Greta: Fo shizzle my dizzle!!


Darkfallen: Oh for the love of BOB why can't Lykae be real? And why can't my hubs be bitten by one? *sighs*


Greta: Already ahead of ya


Darkfallen: What does that mean?


Greta: Cuz I'm super awesome and booked us for a trip to Scotland during the next full moon


Darkfallen: How did you swing that?



Greta: I started my own Super Pac.


Darkfallen: What?


Greta: YUP! If Colbert can have one then so can we!





Darkfallen: I'm not sure you understand what a super pac is.


Greta: Who cares! We got cash and we're going to the land of the lykae... let's just call it a research trip.


Darkfallen: Well, ok


Greta: YES!! Onward ! To da plane!! Remember... Lykae's like red!


Darkfallen: Not a problem




Greta: WOOF!

5 comments:

  1. Cole's talent for weaving paranormal romance continues to shine in her latest installment of the "Immortals After Dark" series. Strong characterization, settings that readers can breathe in, danger in many ruthless forms, and a heady pace are key ingredients to another winner, and definitely present in this novel. A few sections had the potential to slow then entire story to a crawl, but Cole avoided this common writers' trap with style.

    ReplyDelete