Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles #3)
By Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Published Oct. 18th 2011 by Little Brown Books for Young Readers
Pick Up your copy at B&N, Amazon, or your local indie today!

Synopsis borrowed from Goodreads:

Ethan Wate thought he was getting used to the strange, impossible events happening in Gatlin, his small Southern town. But now that Ethan and Lena have returned home, strange and impossible have taken on new meanings. Swarms of locusts, record-breaking heat, and devastating storms ravage Gatlin as Ethan and Lena struggle to understand the impact of Lena's Claiming. Even Lena's family of powerful Supernaturals is affected - and their abilities begin to dangerously misfire. As time passes, one question becomes clear: What - or who - will need to be sacrificed to save Gatlin?
For Ethan, the chaos is a frightening but welcome distraction. He's being haunted in his dreams again, but this time it isn't by Lena - and whatever is haunting him is following him out of his dreams and into his everyday life. Even worse, Ethan is gradually losing pieces of himself - forgetting names, phone numbers, even memories. He doesn't know why, and most days he's too afraid to ask.

Sometimes there isn't just one answer or one choice. Sometimes there's no going back. And this time there won't be a happy ending.

Darkfallen's tear filled review:

The only thing standing in the way of this book getting 5 stars is the length. I never really thought I would say that a book was too long but here I am. While I LOVED about 90% of this book, I think that it is a little long for YA.

Now enough of that...let's get on with the book!

The heat is rising, the insects are swarming, the lake has dried up...these are just a few of the things that are happening to the fine town of Gatlin ever since Lena claimed herself, split the moon, and threw the Order out of whack. So while Ethan finally gets his Lena back, nothing else seems to be going right. Only this time it's not just the Caster world that's being affected. If they don't find a way to restore the Order before the Eighteenth Moon then both Caster & Mortals are going to meet an untimely fate.

The question is will The One That Is Two be willing to meet his/her fate to save all others? And more importantly who is this person? With so many choices as to who it could be will Lena, Ethan, and the gang be able to figure it out in time and save the world?

First I just want to say how HAPPY I am that Lena and Ethan are finally back to the loving relationship that they should be in. Together they are both so sweet, and cute, and *swoons*. Need I say more? Because I can...I really, really could just keep going on and on about how cute these two are. It's nice to see this book isn't all about fighting for their relationship anymore. It's nice to see them a whole lot less insecure and a lot in love with each other.

But enough about them. What about Amma? OMG I both loved and hated her in this book. I never released how much I needed Amma until this book. Just the things she says, and the things she does...I love her for all her dark moments, but then to see her break down? To slowly lose it piece by piece? Lets just say that she took my heart with her mind when she lost those final pieces. In the end between her and Ethan I spent the last 20 pages crying to the point I had to keep putting the book down to wipe my eyes.

So while I thought that this book was a bit long in places, and at times wasn't sure if I was going to be able to finish it, in the end I LOVED this book and it was so worth it! With an ending that will make you ball your eyes out you'll be left screaming for more. I can't believe how they left the ending, but I so applaud them for doing it.



Lymi...


No comments:

Post a Comment