Monday, November 7, 2011

I Luv Halloween, #1

Title: I Luv Halloween, #1
Author: Keith Giffen
Artwork: Ben Roman
Published: 2005
Synopsis from Goodreads

This time it's not just about the candy... Join the misadventures of a group of particularly disturbing trick-or-treaters as they go about their macabre business on Halloween night. Blaming the apples they got from the first house of the evening for the bad candy they've been receiving all night, the kids plot revenge on the old bag who handed out the funky fruit.Riotously funny and wickedly shocking, artist Benjamin Roman and comic book vet Keith Giffen have crafted a sometimes sick and always twisted tale about a holiday that some of us just can't live without--who doesn't love Halloween?

The Plot:
It's Halloween and a group of boys are going out trick or treating.

The Even Deeper Plot:
Because their candy is sucking they decide to try to break that curse and do bad stuff to adults.


Holy snapple de bapples!!


How do I explain this book?


Think of every horror movie you've ever seen.
Now think of every horror movie cliquey
Now throw in some Ed, Edd, and Eddy type kids
Now take some acid....


THAT!! Is what this book is like..


ZOMG!


Ok... so while this book is hilarious and gory and full of 'wtf' moments (A boy dressed up as a tiger in the sink watching a neighbor and her big boobles while he......) it is kinda sick, disturbing, and totally a cool guilty pleasure.


But I do NOT want any kids reading this book!!

But there are kids on the cover!!

Yes yes... there are kids on the cover but this is STRICTLY an OLDER teen or an GOWN UP book. I think my 14 year old would be ok reading this but since I read it it now makes me squeemish to let him read it.

Its not because of the gore... that's fine... its because of what the boys talk about and do. I know I know... that's older boy stuff but e-gads!! It makes me shudder to think of him UNDERSTANDING those kinds of jokes. ACKS!

All in all... good guilty pleasure book but keep this one away from the kids.




2 comments:

  1. These books are so strange and I love them. I read them in high school and I completely agree, keep them away from the kiddies.
    We use to call one of our good friends, Pig Pig...but then we sort felt bad, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are super duper strange ;) So much that they are awesome. ZOMG! You had a PIG PIG friend? lOLZ! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete