Monday, November 14, 2011

Dark Moon Diary, Vol. 1

Title: Dark Moon Diary, Vol. 1
Author: Che Gilson
Published: 2007
Synopsis from Goodreads

When 15-year-old Priscilla's parents pass away, she has nowhere to go but to her last "living" relatives in the European town of Nachtwald. When she arrives, she learns that not only is Nachtwald populated by vampires, werewolves, witches and more preternatural beings, but that her relatives are vampires! Amidst the pandemonium, she turns to her diary, and slowly learns what it takes to survive a new family, new friendships, and the anxiety of high school--all while living in an unfamiliar world!

Plot: Priscilla's is a 15 year old California girl who's parents die and is sent to go live with her aunt in uncle out of the country. Little does she know that the place she is about to live in is populated by vampires, witches, werewolves, and other spooky sorts. And that her Mom was half vampire!!! Now, she has to learn to live to cope in a world that think she's the odd girl out when she used to be so popular back home.



My Review: I seriously loved this book and I'm kind of sad that they didn't make more. Seriously, I thought there would be several in this series but I can only find this one book.



To me this was kind of like normal California Girl goes to Monster High.



It was super cute but a little choppy in the beginning because I was having a hard time understanding if Priscilla's Mom and Dad really died or if they just sent her away. That probably needed a couple more panels to make it more clear.



THe characters were very well drawn and I adored all the clothes they wore!! Super cute!!



There were funny parts here and there and I think the best character was Broonie the Boogey Monster that lived under Priscilla's bed. She resembled a cat with many legs and loved to eat socks and dust bunnies. Her favorite thing to eat was denim lint.



I don't think there was anything bad in this book. There might have been a swear word here or there. I honestly don't know why that was added but if you can get by that I think this book would be fine for an 11 year old.



Its super cute and I really wish I knew what was going to happen next. I can't imagine why there weren't more of these made. It was a fun read that definitely deserved to continue.





2 comments:

  1. I hate when graphic novels/animes aren't continued. Like in Claymore the anime. Your like "there is still stuff to work with here people". Dark Moon Diary looks so good and the cover artwork is great for a graphic novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT's a really cool book. Reminds me of MONSTER HIGH. I bet it would have caught on if it was done later.

    And yes yes! I hate it when comics go unfinished!

    ReplyDelete