Saturday, November 5, 2011

Chibi Vampire, Volume 2




Title: Chibi Vampire, Volume 2 (Karin #2)
Author: Yuna Kagesaki
Published: 2006
Synopsis from Goodreads

Kenta sees Karin at work and school, each day serving as a reminder that something about the girl with the oft-bloody nose just isn't right! He's suspicious...and he's not exactly subtle about it. Fearing that he might discover her secret, Karin decides to kill this potential problem--with kindness! She goes out of her way to do all kinds of nice things for him. But when Kenta catches her "feeding" yet again, the gig may be up. So what's a vampire girl to do? Why, take the boy home to meet her parents, of course!


HOORAY for KARIN!!


I freaking LOVER DOVERS her!! Her and her crazy crazy ways!! Her and her out of control OMGing! Her and her NOSE BLEEDS!! Loves her!!


In this book it was all about keeping Kenta (the boy she digs and the son of the mom she chomped on) super happy in high hopes that she won't splurt her blood all over the place.


Since this is the second Book I can spoil this.... Karin is like a reverse vampire and instead of chomping on people she kinda injects her blood into people to make them happy. And her blood type is for super lonley miserable people. When she chow-dows on them they get super happy and energetic. I've decided I want to be Karin's breakfast ;)


So, blah blah blah she makes Kenta happy but he keeps thinking she's either a slut puppy because she's necking with dudes (but she's really chomping on them) or maybe she's just weird or maybe she's a vampire. And so he starts following her and la-de-dah


It's super awesome!

Now, one part I felt kinda what the heckles about was ANJU. Anju is Karin's little sis that isn't vampire age yet but is getting there and carries around dolls that she talks to. In the first book she was super cute and young and sarcastic and I thought that was mega cool. But in the second book she totally looked like she sprouted Sailor Moon boobles and I was all "WHAT ON EARTH"ing her whole transformation. But when they showed her height against someone she was like a super tiny elf.


WHAT?!

But then they said her age was 11 and I could have sworn that ANJU in the first book would have been like 6 or something. I didn't dig that change but oh wells.


AND OMG! ANJU was like an emo girl in this and too smart for her age. Like younger and smarter than KARIN. Maybe even her parents! I didn't get that.


Ren (Karin's hot brother) was like in 5 panels of this book. Super waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!! I want more!! But he was all like clingy to ANJU which was kinda weird in a FORBIDDEN LOUIE and CLAUDIA sort of way. I was like "WOAH! Do they want each other?!!" It was weird.

Over all the book still was super awesome and I had a blast reading it. There are mondo funny parts sprinkled all throughout and I got way better at reading these funny books backwards. My son would be so proud of me.

I can't wait to read the next one!!

And if any of you know of more books like these please suggest them to me ;) I love love love the humor!!



6 comments:

  1. Hey! I read this in Japanese :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series! Why didn't you say you were doing this weekend...I only got to volume 4 though and then Tokyopop died and I didn't see volume 5 at their "let's get rid of everything to try and claw back a little profit" stall at Expo...I did find Airmail and Bites...
    And I think Anju's always been 11...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My library has uber tons of these books so I guess I'm lucky :)

    OH! I kinda felt that ANJU was super young in the first one. I thought she was like a first grader or something.

    I've doing CHIBI every weekend for the month of November ;) YAYS! SUPER LOVES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah! And I absolutely hate that TOkyo Pop is dead! What does that mean for Chibi Vampire? IS some other company taking them up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favorite manga series! I don't think it gets nearly as much love as it deserves.

    ReplyDelete