Sunday, March 11, 2012

Bad Kitty Gets a Bath

Title: Bad Kitty Gets a Bath
Author: Nick Bruel
Published: 2008
Synopsis from Goodreads

BAD KITTY IS BACK (AND BADDER THAN EVER!) when she is forced to take a bath in this hysterical new illustrated how-to for young readers. The following are some items you will need for Kitty’s bath: one bathtub, plenty of water, dry towels, a suit of armor, a letter to your loved ones, clean underwear (because stressful situations can cause “accidents”), an ambulance in your driveway with the engine running, and, oh, yeah, you’ll also need Kitty…but good luck with that! Since its publication in 2005, BAD KITTY has captured the hearts of cat lovers and haters alike. This time Kitty is at her worst in this riotous how-to guide filled with bad smells, cautionary tales of horror, and hopefully by the end…some soap. The funniest of any of Kitty’s adventures, though don’t tell her that.

Kitty does NOT like baths!

I repeat: Kitty does NOT like baths!

If you kitty likes baths then you should probably have your kitty see a therapist because: Kitty does NOT like baths!

In this book, I learned the proper way to give a kitty a bath. ANd I must admit that I learned something things that I never thought of.

For example: I never thought about dressing up in a suit of armor while administering kitty's bath. Nor had I thought about updating my will. I will remember to do these the next times.

I have however given my kitty a bath without reading this book prior to our excursion. My cat Felix felt it was wise to play in the fireplace when I had my back turned. After I realized that he was tracking black paw prints all over my (now stained) white carpet, I decided that I had to give him a shower.

This book would have helped me out there because: Kitties do not like showers, either.

I also, know for a fact, that kitties also do not like hair dryers. If you want to dry your kitties hair do not use a hair dryer. The sound terrifies them and if you get it too close to their body like I did you will wind up with a dreadful surprise.

I recommend this book to all people who plan on giving their kitties a bath in the future. Laminate the pages because if Kitty drags it in the tub your directions will be lost.

Because: Kitty does not like baths!


1 comment:

  1. I love these Bad Kitty books! Well, I haven't read any yet (although I plan to), but I love the illustrations. I keep pining the covers to Pinterest. :)

    ReplyDelete