Monday, June 27, 2011

Between Here and Forever

Title: Between Here and Forever
Author: Elizabeth Scott

Published: May 2011
Synopsis from Goodreads

Abby accepted that she can’t measure up to her beautiful, magnetic sister Tess a long time ago, and knows exactly what she is: Second best. Invisible.

Until the accident.

Now Tess is in a coma, and Abby’s life is on hold. It may have been hard living with Tess, but it's nothing compared to living without her.

She's got a plan to bring Tess back though, involving the gorgeous and mysterious Eli, but then Abby learns something about Tess, something that was always there, but that she’d never seen.

Abby is about to find out that truth isn't always what you think it is, and that life holds more than she ever thought it could...



I super loved this book! And I don't say that very often so you know you can trust me ;)

(note: I wouldn't trust her on everything. She cheats at put put golf)

When I got the feel of this story all I could think of was that this was a modern "Sleeping Beauty".

Abby's sister Tess WAS the bees knees. Every boy wanted to date her and all her friends wanted to be her. Mom and Dad uber loved her and Abby... well, Abby just wanted to get away from being Tess's sister for a while and just be Abby. Then on New Years Day her sister Tess gets into a car accident and lands into a coma. Now, Abby is on a mission to wake up her sister. It seems like just like before she's stuck back in Tess's shadow but this time its even harder because she's asleep.

Every day Abby visits her sister. Talks to her. Alerts the nurses and badgers the doctors when she sees the slightest movements in her eyes. And then one day she meets a boy who she thinks will have the power to wake her sister. A beautiful boy with a beautiful voice who works in the gift shop at the hospital. She convinces the boy to come up and talk to the Sleeping Beauty... and to Abby's surprise... Tess's eyes move once he speaks. We go from there on Abby's adventure in trying to wake her sister, learns about life, and realizes she is more than just a shadow of a sister in a coma.

The Characters:
Easy to love! There were a ton of times where I laughed out loud. I haven't had a book do that to me in ages. Abby almost reminded me of myself which is probably why I liked it so much. She didn't dig super model girls, was kinda pushy, and a little naive. In my opinion... that made the book for me. Super loves! I actually would have hung out with this character. There aren't many characters in books out there that I would say that about.

The Plot:
Very original and just when you think you have everything figured out they slam you with a twisty turn that will leave you thinking.

The Parents:
This book is NOT done in modern YA fashion because the parents are throughout the story. Loved that. That made the story a bit more real. And because this doesn't have any werewolf hunk a monks running around I thought it was necessary (we don't need the 'rents around when there's a wolf on the prowl hahahs)

The Cover:
This is the part that I don't get. There is no where in the story where a girl is holding a sunflower in the grass on a sunny day. Actaully this story takes place in the cooler months... so I don't get the cover at all. I probably would have made it a cracked unicorn figurine (you'll understand why after you read it)

Age Appropriate:
There isn't much cussing in this book. Nothing too off the wall. There is also not too much WOAH WOAH WOAH SHUT YOUR EYES kind of stuff. These topics are brought up but they are discussed in a fashion that will not damage your child. Think After School Special. We need more of that. I think any girl 12 and up would do fine reading this book.

The Author:
I freaking uber loves her. I've read "Living Dead Girl" and loved every minute of it and after reading this book I can't wait to read more. Elizabeth Scott is now one of my favorite authors.



A great read that will leave you wanting more...because the way it ended WILL leave you wanting more and screaming Sequel. Fingers Crossed!




















No comments:

Post a Comment