Sunday, July 3, 2011

Silver Moon

Title: Silver Moon (Silver Moon #1)
Author: Rebecca A. Rogers
Published: June 13, 2011
Synopsis from Goodreads

For seventeen-year-old Candra Lowell, senior year is supposed to be the time of her life. It’s not supposed to include being shipped off to her aunt and uncle’s house for 'her own good'. Whatever that means. There’s only bad news from this experience—when she learns she’ll go from human to werewolf in a few months. Complete with an inherited unique power.

At her aunt and uncle's house, Candra is plagued with nightmares of a whispering forest and glowing eyes, and a shadowy figure, who issues a warning—she needs to leave town. Candra tries to dismiss the haunting images, but when the shadowy figure appears outside of her home, Candra realizes she should've obeyed.

Candra learns the meaning of the stalker’s warnings when she discovers she’s the new favorite target of a rival pack. She isn't just a werewolf—she's a werewolf in the middle of a feud that makes the Montagues and Capulets look like best friends. She’s also made a mess of things by falling for her sworn enemy. Worse, the rival pack wants the power Candra will receive on her eighteenth birthday. To protect her family and friends, Candra can’t run or hide; she must face her foes, even if it means death.




Thanks to Rebecca A. Rogers for giving us a copy of "Silver Moon" to read. We here at Paranormal Wastelands are honored to review this book but not every review can be a candy coated rainbow of super sonic squees. Plus, I am the pickiest werewolf critic that you will ever meet.

While this book should be near and dear to my heart because I am such a big werewolf lover, the straw that broke the camel's back was that this is a GIRL werewolf book. Kids... as you all know I'm always on the search for the perfect GIRL WEREWOLF book. Claire De Lune made me want to gouge my eyes out, Raised by Wolves made my ears bleed, and well.... Silver Lining didn't do much for me either.

I mean, I get that it's basically ROMEO meets Juliet meets Hatfield and McCoys in a bow wow yippy yo kinda way but I totally didn't dig it and it's been done ten zillion times before with vampires, dragons, neighbors, Sesame Street Characters. I mean if it's not a werewolf hunter that the girl falls for then it's the forbidden werewolf mystery boy that makes her loins quiver. Kinda obvious. I know its in fashion but can't we do something different?

Love Triangle?

Oh gawd no!!

THe story was a good idea. You could tell it was thought out. But the writing did NOT speak to me. I had a hard time believing some of the things that came out of everyone's mouth. I also got annoyed when things like TEARS are referred to as SALTY WATER or when coffee is referred to as BLACK LIQUID. That always annoys me and its loaded in this book with those kinds of terms.

I wish I could tell you that I loved or even liked this story but I kept looking to see how many more pages I had until this story was over. It was like watching a movie and continuously looking at the clock. You know it has to end sooner or later.

In my opinion this story needs a little more OOMP until its perfect. Something's missing.

It was a decent try but I just can't sugar coat it... This book was not my favorite.

Read it and try it out for yourself but this werewolf lover isn't going out of her way to howl for more.




No comments:

Post a Comment