Thursday, June 14, 2012

Rapture (Fallen #4) by Lauren Kate: Review


Rapture (Fallen #4)
By Lauren Kate
Published June 12th 2012 by Random House
Pick up your copy at Amazon, B&N, or your local indie today!
Synopsis borrowed from Goodreads:

The sky is dark with wings . . . .

Like sand in an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past they must find the place where the angels fell to earth. Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this—live only to lose Luce again and again.

Yet together they will face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies . . . and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed. And suddenly Luce knows what must happen.

For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her—and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now will be the only one that truly matters.

In the fight for Luce, who will win?

The astonishing conclusion to the FALLEN series. Heaven can’t wait any longer.

Darkfallen says goodbye:

Well this is it...

The entire series has all been leading up to this one moment...

Now it's over...and I cried...

Luce and Daniel are running out of time. The clock is ticking and they only have the next nine days to stop Lucifer. It took nine days for the angels to fall from Heaven the first time, and it is all the time they have now to stop the fall from happening again, and ultimately wiping out the world as we know it. The only problem is that none of the angels know where the original site of the fall is. Can they find it in time? And just what will it take to stop Lucifer?

In the end everything comes down to Luce and Daniel, and everything comes with a price...

First I want to say that this book was chalked full of action and OMG moments that makes it hard to put it down. You get so sucked into the story that you just want to devour each and every page in one sitting. With a new villain thrown into the mix, and twists and turns that you would never see coming you will definitely find yourself gasping for air on more than one occasion. Not to mention that we get Daniel back throughout the whole book again and the relationship between Daniel and Luce couldn't be any sweeter. I was so happy to see them together the whole time. Working side by side. Even though Daniel still has some of his secrets he is not willing to share throughout most of the book, Luce is learning more and more about herself everyday, and in the end all secrets are revealed. Your not left with unanswered questions, and better yet, you finally understand why Daniel has had to keep the secrets from Luce.

I will say that the ending is sugar and spice and everything nice that you could hope for with a twist that makes it a tad bit bittersweet. Still I wasn't ready to say goodbye top these two and I would have loved to have just one or two more chapters to give me a little more. Just a peak into the lives of the whole gang a few years further down the line. But what can I say? I just don't want to say goodbye. I'm in denial.

This is a true and epic love story that will stick with me for a long time. I am so glad that I picked this up 4 years ago and gave it ago. Still I have to say my all time favorite book in this series has to be Fallen. The book that started it all...


Lymi...



1 comment:

  1. I have always really enjoyed the secondary characters in this book. Cam, Roland, Gabbe, Adrianne, and even Molly; all of these characters make the series extra special for me. I love them each for very different reasons. I would love it if Mrs. Kate wanted to make a spin-off series about any of these characters, especially the mysterious Cam.

    I really enjoyed the storyline and the pacing for the book. It all flowed together wonderfully for a great read. The ending left me very satisfied, with all my questions answered, and more. To be honest, I was really worried going into this book, of how it would end. But I couldn't have asked for a better conclusion. It was well worth the wait.

    I also feel that I should add that the book covers for this series have been my favorite of all time. They are all seriously gorgeous, and I love seeing them displayed on my bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete