Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Want So Wicked (A Need So Beuatiful 2) by Suzanne Young: Review

A Want So Wicked (A Need So Beautiful 2)
By Suzanne Young
Published June 26th 2012 by Brazer Bray
Pick up your copy at B&N, Amazon, or your local indie today!
Synopsis borrowed from Goodreads:
Elise is a normal seventeen-year-old girl until the day she wakes up in a desert park, with no idea who she is.

After that episode, her life takes a bizarre turn. She’s experiencing unexpected flashes of insight into people’s lives—people she’s never met before. Strangers frighten her with warnings about the approaching Shadows. And although Elise has never had a boyfriend, she suddenly finds herself torn between two handsome but very different young men: Abe, the charming bad boy whose affect on her both seduces and frightens her, and the mysterious Harlin, who’s new to town but with whom Elise feels an urgent, elemental connection—almost as if they are soul mates.

Now Elise begins to question everything about her life. Why do these guys both want her so desperately? What are the Shadows? Why does the name Charlotte inspire a terrifying familiarity? And who is Elise, really?

Darkfallen's thoughts:
After reading book one, A Need So Beautiful, I wasn't exactly sure if there was going to be a second book. Or, if there was, where it was going to go. The way the first book ended was so devastatingly bittersweet, so final, yet I was so happy to see there was more, and I couldn't wait to get my hand on the next book.

Elise is just a normal girl. At least that's what she thought until she starting have visions of a blond girl in a school girl outfit. Having memories of a past that isn't hers. Now she is left wondering what is happening to her, and what it means for her family. What if something is really wrong? What if it's fatal and she leaves her father and sister behind? What if she is losing her mind? Then she meets Abe after moving to Thistle. And then there is the mysterious guy on the Harley that she seems to be pulled to. As things begin to reveal themselves Elise learns the world isn't as it seems and she was never the girl she thought she was. Left to make an impossible choice everything comes down to the ultimate sacrifice...

I have to say that the first 50-80 pages of this book was a little slow for me. It wasn't bad, just slow and didn't hold my attention as well as I thought it should. But after that initial hump things really started to pick up and I couldn't get enough. The only other downside was that I was able to pick out the villain within the first 80 pages as well. Still I don't feel like that took anything away from the story, and the ending, particlary the last few pages, I never saw coming. But was soooooo happy it happened that way. *winks*

Elise is strong and brave. I love the way she faces everything head on, as she stumbles her way through everything she has found out about herself. Finding out that you are one of the Forgotten would be hard enough on anyone, for Elise it's even worse and she handles it in stride. I know I am being cryptic but I don't want to give anything away. Just like with the first book I adored Harlin. He is so broken after loosing Charlotte and my heart bled for him. In fact my heart broke quit a few times during this book and I'm not ashamed to say that I cried more than once.

Overall this was a great addition to the series and still a refreshing new take on angels. One that is both painful and beautiful at the same time. I can't wait for the next installment!

Lymi...



2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh i'm glad you enjoyed it!!! I definitely loved this book a lot more than ANSB! I'm super exited to see where Suzanne Young takes us next!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the ending to this one leaves you dying forthe next book!

      Delete