Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday - The Unquiet



Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we just can't wait to get our sticky fingers on.


Title: The Unquiet
Author: Jeannine Garsee
Release Date: July 17, 2012
Synopsis from Goodreads

Sixteen-year-old Rinn Jacobs has secrets: One, she’s bipolar. Two, she killed her grandmother.

After a suicide attempt, and now her parents' separation, Rinn and her mom move from California to the rural Ohio town where her mother grew up. Back on her medications (again!) and hoping to stay well, Rinn settles into her new home and school. She refuses to be daunted by the fact that the previous owner hanged herself in Rinn's bedroom, or that her classmates believe the school pool is haunted by Annaliese, a girl who drowned there. But when a reckless séance goes awry, and terrible things start happening to her new friends—yet not to her—Rinn is determined to find out why she can’t be "touched" by Annaliese...or if Annaliese even exists.

With the help of Nate Brenner, the hunky “farmer boy” she’s rapidly falling for, Rinn devises a dangerous plan to uncover the truth. Soon reality and fantasy meld into one, till Rinn finds it nearly impossible to tell the difference. When a malevolent force threatens the lives of everyone she cares about--not to mention her own--she can't help wondering: who should she really be afraid of?

Annaliese? Or herself?


We here at Paranormal Wastelands have our squee-dar on! We mean... just read the opening line! She killed her grandma and is bi-polar?!! We just love books that make us appear more sane ;) And because of that we can't help but cheer:

Must have NOWS!

We needs it!!
We wants it!!
We can't lives without it!!

Now that you've heard what our CAN'T WAIT book is... What's yours? Drop us a comment so we can find out what has you on pins and needles.

17 comments:

  1. this sounds epic and i love the cover *adds to list* My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if that would be my thing, but it certainly sounds interesting and unique. I hope you guys enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had my eye on this book for months! Makes you wonder if she really killed her grandma and why she did that. Great pick :)

    Check out my WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds pretty awesome. Great pick!

    My WoW

    Teresa - new follower

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds great & I love the cover!

    Sharon - http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-27th-june.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovin the cover and the book sounds awesome :D **New Follower** bookishtimes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This isn't out yet?! I've seen it around so much I thought it was. xD

    ✪✩ComaCalm's Corner✩✪

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing pick Greta! The cover of this book is absolutely gorgeous and the premises sounds intriguing and creep! I can't wait!(:

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one sounds a bit heavy, and it makes me want to read it even more! Thanks for the heads-up, I hadn't heard of it before :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has been on my wishlist for a long time. I think it sounds really good! Great choice :)

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choice, I can't wait for this one either. Love the blog! I followed on GFC.

    my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like an interesting read.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. This story looks interesting. It is already on my TBR list.

    My WOW: http://breathofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the cover. Sounds really intense!!
    My WoW at Ensconced in YA
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. The beginning of the blurb sound great indeed. It made me add this book on goodreads before I read the rest :p

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cover for this book is beyond amazing and gorgeous! Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete