Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we just can't wait to get our sticky fingers on.



Title: The Night Circus
Author: Erin Morgenstern
Expected Publication: September 13, 2011
Synopsis from Goodreads





The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. Within the black-and-white striped canvas tents is an utterly unique experience full of breathtaking amazements. It is called Le Cirque des RĂªves, and it is only open at night.

But behind the scenes, a fierce competition is underway—a duel between two young magicians, Celia and Marco, who have been trained since childhood expressly for this purpose by their mercurial instructors. Unbeknownst to them, this is a game in which only one can be left standing, and the circus is but the stage for a remarkable battle of imagination and will. Despite themselves, however, Celia and Marco tumble headfirst into love—a deep, magical love that makes the lights flicker and the room grow warm whenever they so much as brush hands.

True love or not, the game must play out, and the fates of everyone involved, from the cast of extraordinary circus per­formers to the patrons, hang in the balance, suspended as precariously as the daring acrobats overhead.



How cool does that sound? Sure it reminds us a bit of Cirque Du Freak with the circus just showing up in town with maybe with some tiddles of Beautiful Creatures flair... but how cool is that?!!!

And what can we say about a book that just makes us want to ride dangerous motorcycles in the Cage of Death?






(note: Darkfallen had to handcuff Greta and restrain her legs with rope as they entered the Cage of Death... for some reason Greta started thinking it might be a bad idea just to show your love for an upcoming book. Greta doesn't feel that the Cage of Death really counted as excitement because of her limited mobility and the forceful shoving on Darkfallen's part. But Darkfallen reassured her it was still legit as she revved up the motorcycle they were riding doubles on causing Greta to scream like a little girl, which Darkfallen took as excited squeals.)





Must have NOWS!

We needs it!!
We wants it!!
We can't lives without it!!








So, now that you've heard what our CAN'T WAIT book is... What's yours? Drop us a comment so we can find out what has you on pins and needles.


20 comments:

  1. Disclaimer: Greta is still bound for all of those that have been looking for her. I keep her in special dungenous place of my choosing. Where she waits until the circus comes back again. Please no worries. I assure you she enjoys every minute of her captivity, and her screams ARE excited squeals of joy....no matter what she says. *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! I went for some old-school, apocalyptic vampires in my WOW for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blog!

    This books does sound really interesting. I don't know what I would do if a circus just showed up in my town. Might be a little leery.

    My Wow post can be found here

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds great! And the cover is awesome. I'm adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, it sounds freakin awesome. Thanks for the great wow adding it to the TBR immediately :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard about this one, but boy am I glad I found you. This sounds amazing!

    Here is my WOW
    http://literaryjunkie11.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday-7-wildthorn.html

    Happy Reading! New follower, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by! Love your blog title!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really like the cover and the book sounds interesting as well. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey my sweet cheeks, thanks for the tea and coffee this morning.. they were yum, im here to repay you with choc cake *hands over a big peace*. i all ways look forward to you stopping by my blog...

    iv heard of this, you will have to let me know what its like...


    heres my link for others
    http://satinsbookishcorner.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick, this one looks really good and the cover is pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pick! I've not heard of this one before, but it sounds really interesting! :) Thanks for sharing!

    Oh and thanks for stopping by, I'm now following you in return!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOh that sounds verrry interesting!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooooh I have this one on my wishlist - it sounds awesome. Great pick.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this cover!!! Very cool!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :o)

    New follower,
    Mickey @ imabookshark

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is one I've been looking forward to as well. It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. There's something about a circus that is in itself magical even without the endowments of fiction. I haven't been to a circus yet, but reading about them and watching them on TV made determined to see one.

    Interesting choice - a book I've never heard of before. I have, now.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great pick! I am looking forward to reading this.

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Definitely excited about this one, too! I chose it for my WoW a few weeks ago---sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah. Yes, this is another one I'm anxiously awaiting myself! I entered in a giveaway for an ARC, but sadly didn't win it. :( So now I have to wait for the release. haha! It sounds really good.

    By the way, I'm following back. ;) Lovely blog! Thank you very much for visiting and commenting at mine. :)

    Have a great rest of the week!

    Pixie

    ReplyDelete