Friday, May 13, 2011

Because Greta Said So: Hunger w/ A One Two Punch

Thats right!!
This addition of Because Greta Said So is brought to you by none other than...
Greta the Great
&
Darkfallen
you have just been hit with a one two punch KAPOW!!

So without further delay we bring you....

By Kresley Cole
Published 2006



Synopsis from Goodreads:

Acclaimed author Kresley Cole introduces a sizzling new series with this tale of a fierce werewolf and a bewitching vampire -- unlikely soul mates whose passion will test the boundaries of life and death.

A mythic warrior who'll stop at nothing to possess her . . .

After enduring years of torture from the vampire horde, Lachlain MacRieve, leader of the Lykae Clan, is enraged to find the predestined mate he's waited millennia for is a vampire. Or partly one. This Emmaline is a small, ethereal half Valkyrie/half vampire, who somehow begins to soothe the fury burning within him.

A vampire captured by her wildest fantasy . . .

Sheltered Emmaline Troy finally sets out to uncover the truth about her deceased parents -- until a powerful Lykae claims her as his mate and forces her back to his ancestral Scottish castle. There, her fear of the Lykae -- and their notorious dark desires -- ebbs as he begins a slow, wicked seduction to sate her own dark cravings.

An all-consuming desire . . .

Yet when an ancient evil from her past resurfaces, will their desire deepen into a love that can bring a proud warrior to his knees and turn a gentle beauty into the fighter she was born to be?



Greta's thoughts....with a little comic relief by Darkfallen;)

Greta: This book was my first naughty nightstand book!!

Darkfallen: TMI!!!
Greta: Hey, you know you totally needed to know that right? SO, after reading the Twilight uhhh... let's see... what do you call it?
Darkfallen: Saga

Greta: IT's not series.... what word do they use?

Darkfallen: SAGA!!!!
Greta: Oh, right SAGA
Darkfallen: Turn up your belltone Greta, I just said that! Shheeesss *rolls eyes*

Greta: Stiffle yourself dude! I was totally getting to it ;P So, like after reading the Twilight SAGA I found myself HUNGERING for something more. SOmething a tad bit more adult. SOmething with more bite. SOmething that involved nudity without fading to black ;) Nom nom noM!

Darkfallen: Need a little nudey time there Greta? *waggles eyebrows*

Greta: Hahahas! YO know it! This was totally my first romance novel that wasn't rated YA. Yes, I reached book puberty quite late in life ;) IT was 2008, I had just turned 30, I read this book, and to be honest.... I raped my hubz. RAWR!

Darkfallen: Goodbye purity ring....hello midnight rapings!!
(Mr. Greta, honey, it's ok. I hear there is a support group for victims of spousal rape. You and my hubz can carpool! *winks*)

Greta: HAHAHAHA!! Awesome! And ya know.... I had no idea what to expect froma a romance book but I found the storyline sooo very interesting. So check it: Lachlain is a big burly highlander werewolf beefcake that has been tortured by evil vampy poos for over 100 years. He's down in these catacomb things which were probably guarded by the Ninja Turtles and up on the top soil walks Emmaline this half vampire half Valkaryie virgin chick who just so happens to be his mate. Lachlain becomes pretty randy and well... have you ever taunted a dog with a spare rib while he's stuck on a leash? Let's just say he HUNGERED for her ;)

Darkfallen: *growls*

Greta: The adventure goes on from there. -- Highlander werewolf trying to get home to his castle while modern Emma throws ipods and remotes at him.

Darkfallen: Don't forget about the clothes....there is some flying clothes in there as well! YUM!

Greta: Which is way better than feathers ;) Now, most people that I recommend this book to tell me that the beginning of the Hunger is too harsh. I disagree. When I hear people saying "E-gads! The wolfy broody is being too rough with the weak vampire chick" I just think that's silly because hey... He's a highlander, not modern, and a werewolf!! Who has ever heard of a cuddly werewolf? Burly, Manly, and delicious sure... But cuddly? He's got a hunger to sate, dang it ;) But, I will assure you if you keep reading till the end you'll understand why Lachlain was so rough with Emma in the beginning.

I absolutely adore this series and I can't wait to more.

And for all you Lachlain fans out there... HANDS OFF!! The broody is mine! RAWR!!

Darkfallen: *taunts Greta* I'm not touching him, I'm not touching him.
lolz.
*Greta starts up chainsaw*


Darkfallen: But I assure you folks she does share....well sometimes;)
And because I always do what she tells me to, here's what happened when she shared this time...

Darkfallen's thoughts....with a little Greta commentary:

Darkfallen: This book, for me is perfection....shear perfection! 5 stars isn't even enough, just like perfection isn't a good enough word to describe it. So compliments of Greta we have a new word:
Electo-shock-amatic-squeeful-lusty-nom-nom-delight!!

Add about 100 more squee's and your getting closer;)

Greta: 100 squees? Try a kajillion billion square rooted... that means double it right? Ah, math! Who needs it? Just as long as we have highlander werewolf noms we'll be ok without it ;P

Darkfallen: Kresley Cole has created an amazing supernatural world. She leaves nothing out: Demons, Valkyries, Wraths, Witches, Vampires, Werewolves...oh my!

Greta: Quit taunting me!! I'm getting turned on over here!

Darkfallen: First lets start with the fact that the creatures of the Lore all live amongst the human world. So many times authors just act like humans don't exists, not here. They don't have a part, per say, in this book but they are there walking down the same streets as the Lore. I also love that Val Hal, along with many of Lore creatures, call their home New Orleans. Perfect right! If you have been there you know what I mean. If there is a place that could make you believe that the supernatural exist, it's there.

Greta: Move over Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise. Wait a sec... they can stay. Don't you judge me! I love that couch jumping Scientologist guy ;) Take me to his leader!

Yes take us to your leader, and by leader I'm hoping for Gavin or Zacky;)
Darkfallen: Then the characters....

Greta: Cuz books need those.

Darkfallen: Emmaline is part Valkyrie, part vampire. Her mother died, and she never knew her father, so she was raised by her crazy Valkyrie family at Val Hal. It's hard growing up in a house full of warriors who's biggest enemy happens to running through your veins. The vampire blood alone means that she will never truly belong here, the mix of the two means she will never belong anywhere. Not belonging anywhere takes a toll on a person after 70 years. She sets off to Paris in search of her father to find anything that connects her somewhere.

That's when he scents her, his mate.

Greta: Oh yeah!! The good part!! *bites nails*

Darkfallen: Over 1200 years he has waited to find his mate. But Lachlain is being tortured, and has been for 150 years, by the vampire king.

Greta: WHy the hell am I afraid to fly over oceans? That could of been me!!

Darkfallen: Shut-up Greta! Quit interrupting me or I'm going to smack you.

Greta: That'd be awesome! Use your open hand and howl at me when you do it.

*smacks Greta*
Ummmm yea I better stop. I think I liked that a little to much;
Darkfallen: Oh brother.... Where was I? So, like Lachlain was tortured for 150 years by the vampire king. Chained below in the catacombs, and fire, nothing can keep him from his mate. His mate that he has waited so long to find. Question is will Lachlain be able to accept that his mate as a member of the race that locked him in the fire? Even if he does will he be able to hold on to his sanity long enough to win her over?

Greta: I personally thought he should dump her ass and go in search for someone a bit more his type.

Darkfallen: Someone like you?

Greta: Well, g-willigers.I wasn't gonna come out and say it but since you did... TOtally! He should have hopped the first plane out of French Fry land and looked me up.
Darkfallen: Is your phone number listed?
Greta: No, but I'm sure he'd find me. I'd make sure to open a window and point a fan on my.....
Darkfallen: AHHHH!! TMI!! I do not need the rest of that sentece!
*spanks Greta*
Greta: Chillax, dude! I was just going to say on the pie that I baked him. All dudes like pie. SHeesh!! You act like I was going to do something disgusting like....

*Darkfallen puts hand over Greta's mouth*
Darkfallen: This story was...ummm....there are no words. It is full of suspense and twists that will grip you. Lachlain and all his hotness will leave you breathless. The undeniable love between Emma & Lachlain is seamless. You will feel it pulling your heart apart before they even accept it. Oh and the way Emma grows, the way the two of them bring out the best in each other, and not just in the bedroom *waggles eyebrows*, it's awesome!

So this is the part where I would give this book my highest level of praise and tell you:

Buy it, rent it, borrow it, steal it if you have to, but you have to READ this book!!
While that is true, it's just not enough, so let me add this:

Kill for it, shit die for it if you think you can read in the casket, but if you don't read this book well....I couldn't imagine a life without this, and you aren't truly living anyways;)

Greta many thanks for bringing me back to life with this book. I'm so glad that I do what you say! lolz
Greta: You're Welcome my pet! I'm so happy to have shared Lachlain with you. And by share I mean you still can't touch him. You can only look. I might give you Bowen though.

Darkfallen: Bowen?

Greta: You'll see. Muhahahhahahahahas!






5 comments:

  1. Sorry I spanked ya;)

    Ok maybe not!
    Hahahahs

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I LOVE you guys!!! and I was reading, and then I was like, "teenage mutant ninja turtles?" and then I was like, "lol"

    Also, this has confirmed my belief that Greta IS a werewolf, taken from the fact that she would be more his "type"...

    also, I had a really bizarre moment, where I was confusing Kresley Cole with Carson Kressley...which would have been a *completely* different kind of book!!!

    OMG, there's just so much awesomeness in this post--and more than a couple of spots that I had to reread, because I was like "no they didn't!" but yeah, you *DID*! and then I LOLed.

    If people only read your blog all the time, they would probably have to be hospitalized for being dehydrated, because liquid beverages (and probably even gelatin substances) are totally incompatible with reading you guys!!! <3 <3 <3

    Must time-travel back to 2006 and get this book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahas something you should porlly know about Greta that makes her more his type. Greta has a black leather corset wearing, torture chamber owning, dominatrix card carrying member, alter ego!! Lolz and as ya know the wolfy's like it rough;)
    But this is wear we fight over our wolfy's. Well we did. Then one day I told her I would let her borrow my whip and 6 inch black stiletto heel boots that lace up to the knees. Even help her detain her latest torture subject in exchange for Shari g rights.
    And then there is the fact that between the two of us we almost have all the necessary naughty peircings to drive our bad boys crazy. *waggled eyebrows*

    And oh yes yes Nym not only did we go there. We bought the tee shirt, made the home video, and plan to re-visit often;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lolz! I can't top that! ;) (mostly because I destroy all the evidence!)
    *waggles eyebrows* back at ya!

    ReplyDelete