Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Highland Destiny

Author: Laura Hunsaker
Published: 2010
Synopsis taken from GoodReads

Mackenzie Stewart’s in Scotland for a much-needed vacation. During the castle tour, Mackenzie becomes completely enamored with a painting of one of the previous lairds. Two gentlemen come up behind her and, begging her pardon, they kidnap her, dragging her through time.

The men are sorcerers attempting to end a feud that has plagued their lands for years. Their patron has begun to dabble in the black arts, and between his irrational thirst for power, and his dark secret, the sorcerers are frightened. They believe Mackenzie can break the Stewart curse. They try to convince her to play along with their crazy scheme: marriage to the evil John Campbell.

Before Mackenzie can protest, her carriage is halted and the door thrown open. For a split-second she is arrested by the same beautiful piercing blue eyes that belonged in an oil painting.

Mackenzie then finds herself the victim of a second kidnapping!

Her new captor, however, does nothing but tempt her body and her temper. Believing her to in fact be the betrothed of his mortal enemy the Campbell, Connor originally sets out to capture his enemy’s betrothed. He never thought he would be so attracted to her that he’d want to keep her.



Oh you rock hard delicious broodys. How do I love you? Let me count the ways.


Your bodies are normally decorated in delicious battlefield scars


You have a nommy tendency to wear leather pants


You rock a kilt


You have an accent that makes me go squee


You have hair that I am able to sink my hands in


You always have a nice gruff of 5 o'clock shadow


You'll speak gaelic to me even if I don't know what you are whispering in my ear


You have piercing eyes that would melt an iceberg


Your broad shoulders and strong back make Mama want to go to bed early


Your abs are werewolf like and if you changed into a wolf I don't think I would mind ;)


And... you have a heart. Under that rough exterior you are a gentle, loving, caring broody that haunts my dreams.



O-M-G!! Listen up girlies... Are you looking for that book filled with time travel, the highlands, and has a scottish nom at the other side of wonderland? Welps! This is the book for you!!

Young and flirty Mackenzie Stewart is on vaca with her bestie Jenna in the highlands of 2010 Scotland. Having a little fun looking at a delicious portrait of a hunka hunka burning Braveheart that she's met in her dreams, Mackenzie finds herself being abducted by 2 Harry Potter type dudes. Harry Potter? Well, maybe a Gandalf and a Potter... wait... Is Gandalf from Lord of the Rings? Ummmms....

Anyways... Mackenzie is abducted by 2 wizardy dudes and taken back in time to DA DA DA..... Land before toilets (sometime in the 17th century) to defeat an evil baddy.

Now, you ask... how on earth is a buxom 20-something from Las Vegas going to beat an evil baddy? With her show girl experience? Wow them with her knowledge of Criss Angel?




Actually... I wasn't for sure either cuz I have no idea what her job was and that's why I liked this book. For one... Mackenzie was not a freaking brainiac chick that read uber stuffy boring novels written back before the land before toilets (don't hate.... you know it's true... every heroine in highlander broody novels is a freaking genius and this threatens my simple mind lol). She's a real girl that actually talks like a 23 year old and not an English Major would on her bliggity blog (oh yeah... I've noticed hahas). Very refreshing! It didn't leave me wanting to stangle her ;)

So, we have this girly kidnapped by two bibbidy bobbidy boos, on her way to defeat an evil dude, when all of the sudden she's swooped out of the hocus pocus clutches of Thing 1 and Thing 2 and into the arms of a chiseled nom in leather pants and fabio-esq hair. NOM!! ok ok... maybe not fabio-esq hair... OH!! Let's say he has Gavin Rossdale hair from "Razorblade Suitcase". NOMS!!




Better?


Ok....


Into his arms she is whisked away by a delicious highlander named Connor. Mackenzie learns that Connor has been having a feud with Lord Evil Campbell for a bit and he's going to play keep away with his new bride to be.


Oh... did I leave that part out? Yeah, in order to save the world it seems that mild mannered Mackenzie has to marry the evil dude as well as save the world. But why on earth would she want to do that when she's got this young, rippling, bulging, scarred up nom in leather pants to look at? I mean... I would probably be very tempted to forget what I promised to two wizzardy dudes if I had a nice hunk of man-meat like Connor to look at. Oh, let's face it... Lex Luthor would win but I'd be happy until I was enslaved (I assume evil back to the future dudes would try to enslave the world)


What ever will Mackenzie do? Will she follow her destiny or follow her heart?



Go grab this book and find out





2 comments: