Thursday, May 26, 2011

Hunting Human by Amanda E. Alvarez

by Amanda E. Alvarez
Pick up your copy today at your local indie, Amazon, or B&N today!
Synopsis borrowed from Goodreads:
For two years, Beth Williams has run from the past, and the beast that dwells inside her. She is haunted by memories of being kidnapped and the savage attack that killed her best friend. Now Beth finally thinks she's ready to move on...with Braden Edwards, a charming, irresistibly sexy man who tempts Beth to embrace the present. But the past lurks closer than Beth realizes. Markko Bolvek, one of the werewolves who kidnapped her, has tracked her to Portland, Oregon, his pursuit fueled by a hunger for vengeance. Only Braden, a werewolf himself, senses the danger shadowing her steps. The Edwards and Bolveks have been enemies for centuries—and despite the instant connection he feels with Beth, Braden isn't sure which side of the war she's on. With suspicion at odds with their attraction, Beth and Braden must learn to trust one another to stop Markko for good.

Can Beth accept the wolf within—and love a man who embodies everything she fears?
 
Darkfallen's thoughts:
I recieved an ARC copy compliments of the fine people at Carina Press & Netgalley.
So let me just say YUM! That's what this book was for me...yummy:)

There were parts I devoured. There were parts I savored. In the end I almost always found myself asking for seconds!!

As most of you know I have a thing for my wolfy's, I never imagined I would, but I do. You also may note that I have a thing for most things paranormal, but that's a story for another day;) Point in case: This book only aids to my love affair with these beautiful Weres.

Beth, a.k.a. Liz, has a terrible past. One that has left her not only with emotional scarring, but a species altering change. While Beth tries to run from her past and her wolf future, she moves from place to place. Pushing her family away and keeping new acquaintances at arms length. Recently she find herself in Portland, and too her surprise starts to consider staying around a while. She even finds herself out on a date with a totally HOT Braden. What Beth needs to realize is; no matter how hard you try your never gonna out run your past. Before you know it, your face down feeling it sink it's teeth into you. Will she be able to take control, and face her demons, or collapse under the pressure???

No,no I'm not going to tell ya. Go jump in and find out for yourself.

Hey hey stop your whining. No means "No", now off ya go...lolz

So here's my thoughts on this. Well lets just say there isn't many bad ones. Actually only one so lets get it out of the way. I did feel like the relationship between Braden and Beth, however great, was a bit rushed. Not so much the sexy parts, as much as the emotional/possessive parts. I would have liked to see a bit more building in there. That said I LOVED this book. The imagery was amazing! From the surroundings to the way things taste, all of it. Ms.Alvarez paints a great picture. I feel like I understand so SO much more about werewolves and the transformation because of it. For that I thank you!! The ending was a little to "happily after ever," for me, but then again that links back to the rushed romance. Even still I do believe I am gonna have to read this again....lets face it, I just want me some more Braden or maybe even a little Chase. *purrs*

All in all this was a great fast read that I devoured and I hope to see more from this author. Maybe make this series??? hint hint


"Please sir may I have another!?" lolz;)



1 comment:

  1. I'm really hoping they make this into a series. I want to know about that other dude.

    I absolutely hated the tail-ending though. That wasn't right. I kinda felt it was too rushed. But yeah... totally a good weekend read :)

    ReplyDelete