Friday, August 3, 2012

Univited (Southhills Sidekicks #1) by Leah Spiegel & Meg Summers

Uninvited (South Hills Sidekicks #1)
By Leah Spiegal & Meg Summers
Published Feb 11th 2012
Pick up your copy at Amazon today!
Synopsis borrowed from Goodreads:

When Alley started her senior year at Upper East High in the South Hills area, it was supposed to be the usual drag of hanging out with people who spent more on one outfit than Alley did on her entire wardrobe. That was until Kirsten, a girl in their clique, suddenly goes missing and the only people who seem to care are her friends. All evidence leads to the new comer Shane, a cocky and self-pretentious person in Alley’s opinion, but the police seem uninterested so she and the rest of the girls start a little investigation of their own. But they are nowhere closer to finding Kirsten than when they started and now they had the police’s attention; just not in the way they expected. The girls have to start over and discover that maybe it wasn’t an outsider who took Kirsten, but someone within their own clique who has something to hide; a secret that just might have gotten Kirsten killed.

Darkfallen's thoughts:

While I don't really dig the cover of this book, I enjoyed the pages!

Alley is starting her senior year of high school at Upper East High, and it's just as it sounds...a school for the wealthy and privileged. Although Alley isn't at all either of those two things. Luckily for her, her best friend Val is one of the popular and therefore she is by default. Expecting a normal year of school until everything changes when Kirsten, head cheerleader, goes missing. Then things go from bad to worse when Val decides that she can do a better job than the cops and takes on investigating Kirsten's disappearance. Can Alley keep her bff from dragging them into this mess before they become the target?

So I want to start by saying that I'm just not a fan of this cover. I don't know why, but it makes me not really want to read the book and after reading it, I can say that I still don't like it all that much. Even still the story is good. It's not exactly what I was expecting, but it was a fun fast read none the less. I was thinking there was going to be a little more romance woven in here than there was. I would lable this as a suspense/crime mystery red more than a romance for those of you that are wondering. Don't get me wrong there is some romance in here, just not very much.

The only real problem I had with this book was all the name dropping/label naming that went on. I know that these girls are rich and come from money, but I don't need you to tell me what kind of car Kayla drives over and over again. Or what brand of shoes Val is wearing. There was just a lot of repeating going on in here. When it wasn't about the brands and labels it was about how clumsy Val was. As a reader I understood she was clumsy when you told me the first time, I don't need it blatantly stated over and over again every time she falls throughout the book.

Still this was a good book, just not exactly what I expected and not really my kind of read. But it kept me entertained until the last page.

Lymi...


No comments:

Post a Comment