Monday, August 13, 2012

Storm's Heart (Elder Races #2)

Title: Storm's Heart (Elder Races #2) 
Author: 
Narrator:  
Published: 2011
Synopsis from Goodreads

He’s a wyr warrior, a god of storms. She’s the heir to the Dark Fae throne. But desire will bring both to their knees in this all-new Novel of the Elder Races.

During the rule of her murderous Dark Fae uncle, Thistle “Tricks” Periwinkle found sanctuary among the wyr in New York. Her ethereal beauty and sparkling personality won the hearts of the public, but after her uncle’s death, there are those who don’t want to see her ascend to the throne…

Able to wield thunder and lightning, wyr sentinel Tiago Black Eagle has ruled the skies for centuries. His massive build and thunderous power make him one of the wyr’s best weapons. And he’s sent to protect Tricks when she’s almost assassinated in Chicago.

Soon, both Tiago and Tricks will fall prey to the stormy hunger that engulfs them—a passion that will shake the very foundation of all the worlds…


Well well well....


Perhaps I should not have read "Dragon Bound" and "Storm's Heart" back to back.


I kinda sorta little bit found it a teensy bit repetitive. But that's to be expected. Right?


I mean... this is an alpha male shifter muscle dude story who finds his teeny tiny tight body mate.


This one is about a Thunderbird and a Dark Fay royal.


I've never read a story about a Thunderbird. I really wish they went into more description about his shifted form rather than all the sexing that went on. I really enjoyed in Book 1 how Dragos claws were described. I mean... what does a Thunderbird look like?


My first thought is of the 95 T-bird we have outside... but I'm sure Tiago doesn't shift into a car. I mean... he's not a transformer... RIght? Although, that would be cool.


No, I guess he's a dinosaur bird that I don't know how to spell. But I would have loved a description... and if there was a bit... I wanted more. 


I did enjoy the thought of this being about Niniane aka - Tricks. She's a party girl but at the end she's real serious and almost T-bird whipped. But that's to be expected too. ANd I did enjoy the fact that Tiago was Fairy whipped. I enjoy those stories where the woman can tame the big beasty male. But I just found this couple not a big deal. I rather enjoyed Dragos and Pia more.


The plot was ok but nothing that I wanted to stay up into the late hours of the night for. IT was a good listen for turtle walks. I found it a bit too political which gives me a tad bit of a headache and zomg... was this one dirtier? That's probably why I shouldn't have read "Dragon Bound" and "Storm's Heart" back to back. Possibly too much sexing for my taste. But if you are into that... More power to you! You'll love this one.


I liked the other world and I really look forward to the next book. I really found it tasty how Rune was described and I know what a gryphon is.... so lolz... that will help.


There was a bit more cussing in this one. I mean... I know people cuss but jeepers... I don't find it sexy when a chick cusses... or really when a dude does it just because. I guess I'm more of a PG-13 kinda girl when it comes to a dirty mouth.


THe same narrator is used again and she did a bang up job in this audiobook. She needs to work on her DUDE voices but that's ok. She's trying.


Conclusion:
I'm going to have to take an ELDER break. I think I'll enjoy Rune's book but I'm going to go blind if I read more ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment