Monday, August 6, 2012

Dragon Bound (Elder Races #1)

Title: Dragon Bound (Elder Races #1)  
Author: 
Narrator:  
Published: 2011
Synopsis from Goodreads

Half-human and half-wyr, Pia Giovanni spent her life keeping a low profile among the wyrkind and avoiding the continuing conflict between them and their Dark Fae enemies. But after being blackmailed into stealing a coin from the hoard of a dragon, Pia finds herself targeted by one of the most powerful–and passionate—of the Elder Races.

As the most feared and respected of the wyrkind, Dragos Cuelebre cannot believe someone had the audacity to steal from him, much less succeed. And when he catches the thief, Dragos spares her life, claiming her as his own to further explore the desire they’ve ignited in one another.



What happens when your boyfriend knows something you probably shouldn't have told him?

It's probably happened to a lot of us. We slip up and tell them something we should have kept to ourselves. Some sort of weakness they can use against us when they're mad or it's their turn to scoop the kitty litter. 

But what happens when that little something gets you inside a powerful dragon's hoard and now you have to take something or it might get you killed? Just because you couldn't keep your big yap shut.

That's what happened to Pia. She let out one little secret. A little secret that turned out to be a big huge "hello dolly" to her boyfriend's 'associates'. And where does that get her?

Well duh!! It gets her being chased by a really ticked off dragon, that's what!!!!

But what happens when you think you can outrun the dragon?

Yeah, I know... it makes you really optimistic when you shouldn't be looking back... you should keep running!!!

What was the hold-up?
I finally did it!! I finally read Dragon Bound!! Ok ok... I listened to it... but that counts. Right?

This was my third try of attempting to get through the novel. Practically everyone I know has read it. And it seems that everyone who reads this book loves it. But what was my problem?

The first time I think I made it to chapter 2. I blamed it on my mood. Told myself I just needed to get in a romantic actiony kinda mood. The second time I read it I made it to page 50. I kept falling asleep. What was wrong with me? It was starting to make me think I would never be able to read this book.

Third times the charm!

I got my hands on the audiobook and during my turtle walks (that's right... I walk my turtle), I started listening to Dragon Bound. It started out slow for me because there was a ton of info and stuff to remember and keep in mind. Plus, there were a bit too many characters thrown at me. But I really enjoyed the narrator's voice and wanted to keep at it. I had to give this book a fighting chance. And what else did I have to do? I mean, my turtle has to have someone keep an eye on him while he walks. It's either listen to a book or ummm... ok... I do talk to him but after about 20 minutes I do like to hear something talk back ;)

It took about 5 chapters to get to where I needed to be. Zowwy wow wow!! Where have I been?!! I totally got it!! I finally figured out what I had been missing.

Dragos the Dragon... Mr. Alpha Male... Mr. I'll throw you down and make you like it --- came -- to--- life!!

Greta's Thoughts
Because everyone and their sister has read this book, I'm not really going to go into detail about the storyline.

But holy crackers... this book is DIRTY! I had no idea what I was in for. I kinda figured it would be more Urban Fantasy ... but ummm..... no... it was dirty ;)

My favorite character was TRICKS. She was the Fairy reporter. I thought she was ultra cool and she reminded me of the Valkarye in Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark.

I also really enjoyed the peanut and the way the book ended. That was most awesome!!

All in All
I really dug this and can't wait to read the next one. Dragons are most RAWR!!!





1 comment: