Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday



Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we just can't wait to get our sticky fingers on.

Title: Pink Smog
Author: Francesca Lia Block
Release Date: January 24th 2012
Synopsis from Goodreads:

The girl in the mirror wasn’t who I wanted to be, and her life wasn’t the one I wanted to have.

Despite how much Louise insists, no one will call her Weetzie. It’s her dad’s nickname for her, but it won’t stay put. Neither will her dad. Charlie left Louise and her mom and he took everything with him: her family, her home—and her understanding of who she’s meant to be.

But Los Angeles is a city full of strange angels, and Louise embarks on a journey to sift through the smog of her heartbreak, to grow her own wings, to become Weetzie.

This is the long-awaited prequel to Francesca Lia Block’s groundbreaking Weetzie Bat.

If I could be anyone, I'd want to be Weetzie Bat.
If I searched for a love, it would be My Secret Agent Lover Man.
If I wanted to live, it would be in L.A.
If I wanted to write, it would be just like Francesca Lia Block.

This author has inspired me to no end.
Her characters have been well loved and well worn...
Like a good book read over and over again.

Honestly, I don't know what else to say but...




Must have NOWS!
We needs it!!
We wants it!!
We can't lives without it!!




Now that you've heard what our CAN'T WAIT book is... What's yours? Drop us a comment so we can find out what has you on pins and needles.

17 comments:

  1. This sounds truly fantastic. Great pick! :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have Goat Girls around here somewhere....now I feel like I should search it out and read it. I wonder where I put it.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh that looks interesting!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pick! Loved Weetzie Bat and will definitely have to check this one out. Please check out my WoW. Thanks!

    Anna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't really read any of her books, but this one just sounds interesting. Great pick! :)

    Check out my WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hate waiting for those series books..enjoy when it comes in! Thanks for visiting me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great rec! Now since I haven't read Weetzie Bat, I gotta go find it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. NIce choice and I love how you described who and what you would like to be. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen this book around and it's on my trb list great pick. Here's my WOW


    Don't forgot to check out my Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a truly lovely read!
    Thanks for sharing.

    :) Aeicha @ Word Spelunking

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen this book around! :) Looks really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My pre-ordered copy can't come soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one sounds great! Great pick this week :)

    ReplyDelete