Monday, January 2, 2012

Twilight Graphic Novel #2

Title: Twilight: The Graphic Novel #2
Author: Stephenie Meyer
Illustrator: Young Kim
Published: October 11th 2011
Synopsis from Goodreads

Having uncovered the dark secret of her enigmatic classmate, Edward Cullen, Bella Swan embraces her feelings for him, trusting Edward to keep her safe despite the risks. When a rival clan of vampires makes its way into Forks, though, the danger to Bella has never been more real. Will she make the ultimate sacrifice to protect the people dearest to her?

The second volume of Twilight: The Graphic Novel completes the visual adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's worldwide bestselling debut novel and is a must-have for any collector's library.

Sca-weeeeeeee!!

Did you hear me?

Sca-weeeeeeeeeeee!!

First in line, baby!! Once I heard the release date for the 2nd Twilight graphic novel, I have been checking my library website constantly to get on the Hold List when it became available.

First in Line! Ferret YES!!!

This book is unbelievably gorgeous!! The drawings are fresh and bold and swoonable (although, I think Emmett should have a different haircut). It will just makes you go EEEEE!!

Loves it!

The story pics up with Edward in Bella's bedroom. She knows that Edward watches her sleep and that he's a vampire and yada yada yada.

Then from there they go to the Cullen house where she meets Daddy C and Esme. And they go into the cross that Daddy C's Dad made (why wasn't this in the movie?!! It was soo needed!), Daddy's history, how Alice and Jasper joined the coven, how Rosalie and Emmett came to be, and also Edward and Esme. It was very neat to see the pictures.

Of course it was just glimpses. Daddy C's transformation was the main focus.

I'm looking forward to the Eclipse graphic novel because Jasper's story will then be drawn out in detail. LOVES IT!

They go play baseball and meet the baddy bad vampires. WOW!! They were NOT drawn the way I envisioned them. Well, Victoria was but the rest were totally not. Laurent looks kind of Mediterranean and James just looks average. I wanted him to look a bit more lethal looking. Like a hunter. (he's one of my favorite characters so I was probably expecting more than average)

The run to Phoenix is shown, the escape in the airport, but not the fight!! It's not there!! Where was the fight?!!!

I know it's not really in detail in the book, and we got a terrific glimpse of it in the movie, but I was hoping for even more in the graphic novel. It's all from Bella's pov so it basically fades to black and then Edward tells her "Yeah, we killed him. Go Team Vampire!"

The phone call from Tyler and Prom is there. And the end picture is fantastic!! It's one of the color ones that just makes you sigh as the love butterflies tingle in your tummy. Loves it!

I now want Twilight paper dolls ;) Squee!!

I also am so happy that I get to keep this book for 3 weeks so I can look at it again and again. I'm tempted to check the first one out, again so I can read it all at once.

The book probably took me about 2 hours to read but I looked at every detail. It's just so awesome and well done. I really dug it.

And I love love love the fashion!! I wish there was more! I love love love the clothes they were put in!! Totally Red Carpet Oscar yums!!!

(PS... favorite Edward outfit is from book one when he wears the tie and white shirt with jeans. AHHH!! Smack me!)

I don't think ... well, I know that I would never spend $20 for this book. I would buy it used, but I think the most I would pay for it is $6. I'm really hoping that they will combine the two and print it in paperback. Then it would probably be worth the money to me.

But still... it's worth reading!! Just the pictures alone are to die for!!

I hope there's a next one.... because I can't WAIT!


2 comments: