Friday, January 6, 2012

Forgotton by Cat Patrick: Review

Forgotten
By Cat Patrick
Published June 7th 2011
Pick up your copy at B&N, Amazon, or your local indie today!

Synopsis borrowed from Goodreads:

Each night at precisely 4:33 am, while sixteen-year-old London Lane is asleep, her memory of that day is erased. In the morning, all she can "remember" are events from her future. London is used to relying on reminder notes and a trusted friend to get through the day, but things get complicated when a new boy at school enters the picture. Luke Henry is not someone you'd easily forget, yet try as she might, London can't find him in her memories of things to come.

When London starts experiencing disturbing flashbacks, or flash-forwards, as the case may be, she realizes it's time to learn about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.

Darkfallen's thoughts:

This book was exactly what I needed right now! It was light with just the right amount of heavy. There are no love triangles, but a love that is perfect in it's imperfection. There aren't any vampires or evil demons trying to destroy the world, yet there is an underlying evil just the same.

This book is like 50 First Dates for YA literature, but with a dark twist. Your taken on a journey of what it's like to be a 17 yr old girl named London that can't remember things after her brain resets every day at 4:33 am. But this story is about the dark secrets that lurk in the shadows of the memories she can't keep. Slowly unraveling before your eyes as the story progresses you get to learn just exactly what happened to London when she was six. The day that changed the way her brain worked. And while London can't remember the past...she can see/remember the future.

While most people spend their lives wishing they could forget all the bad things in their past, London wishes she could forget the future. There are some things that you just shouldn't know before they happen. But what if she can change it?

I was really waiting for the shoe to drop and for me to end up bawling like a baby in the end...but it never came. Don't get me wrong there are a few *gasp* moments, but in the end you get a very refreshing HAE. I think I SOOOOO needed that right now. This book was a very quick read, and London's voice is so raw that you won't want to put it down. There were a few parts that the sentences could have been worded a little differently in my opinion. Just a few that I felt I needed to read a second time. Other than that this book was great!

I recommend this book to anyone that wants a quick read with a side of HAE.      

Lymi...

   

1 comment:

  1. I have been dying to read this book and I plan to as part of my TBR Pile challenge. I think the idea that she can only 'remember' her future is incredible and am really interested to see how this all translates in writing. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed it! :)

    Bonnie @ Hands and Home www.handsandhome.ca

    ReplyDelete