Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday




Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we just can't wait to get our sticky fingers on.

Title: Fracture
Author: Megan Miranda
Release Date: January 17, 2012
Synopsis from Goodreads

Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine
-despite the scans that showed significant brain damage. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she's far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can't control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it?

Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she's reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy's motives aren't quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature-or something much more frightening?

For fans of best-sellers like Before I Fall and If I Stay, this is a fascinating and heart-rending story about love and friendship and the fine line between life and death.

Paranormal Wastelands is super excited about the release of this book. Beyond excited!! We're so excited that we've decided to join the local Polar Bear club and jump into icy waters in hopes of getting some wicked awesome powers and meeting a frightening boy in the works.

And what do we say when we don't think before we jump?




Must have NOWS!
We needs it!!
We wants it!!
We can't lives without it!!






Now that you've heard what our CAN'T WAIT book is... What's yours? Drop us a comment so we can find out what has you on pins and needles.

19 comments:

  1. I have been hearing so many wonderful things about this on Twitter and blogs, I won't wait any longer to see what all the hype is about! I must read it!

    My WoW: Through the Looking Glass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I wanted it before, but if they say this is for fans of If I Stay and Where She Went, then I'm really going to have to pick it up. This sounds so good! And there's only a week to wait. :)

    My WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. This book sounds very good! I like the cover a lot!! I might have to see how this book goes. Great choice! Thank you for sharing it!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get this ASAP! I loved it! Couldn't put it down.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you'll get to read Fracture soon! I've heard some really good things about it and think about reading it, too. : )

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. *lol* I've always wanted to try out and be a polar bear for the day.

    I'm going to be reading Fracture VERY soon, so I'm excited about how it's going to turn out. We've all seen variations of this premise, but it seems like a refreshing take.

    Have an amazing reading week!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Pick, I got a review copy of Fracture and I loved it. hope you get it soon :)

    New follower here :)

    My WOW: http://fictionfascination.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-5.html

    Carly :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. IN some of the book stores it's out already. My Barnes and Noble had it in early. Great pick. Love the description of it. I'll be reviewing this on January 25. So great pick.

    Grace
    Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to read this myself it seems so awesome. good pick!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I've seen people tweet that this book has been on bookstores already. I want a copy! Great pick :)

    Check out my WoW picks for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was lucky enough to read it in advance, when it is really good. Nice pick! Hope you'll enjoy it too once you read it!
    Em
    My WoW post
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a really good book! I hope you get a copy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like life-after-death stories and I hadn't seen this one before. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW
    Fantasy & SciFi Lovin' News & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds good, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday_3356.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard a lot of people chatting it up about this release! Let us know what you think once you get your hands on it!

    Glitter Lit

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hearing great things about this one - it's on the TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  17. :-) Oh yea, this book looks so intriguing! Great choice! My Wow is here: Colorimetry

    ReplyDelete
  18. YES! I cannot wait to read this! It's been sitting on my kindle from netgalley just begging to be read, but i've had so many others that I've had to get to first! Good choice! Here is my WoW: http://theonceandfuturelibrarian.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. i have the ARC, but it's not with the pretty cover! deff buying a finished copy!!

    here's my WOW, with a giveaway as well. stop by?!

    http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/giveaway-tooth-and-nail-wow.html

    ReplyDelete