Thursday, January 26, 2012

Stranded With A Cajun Werewolf by Selena Blake: Review

Stranded With A Cajun Werewolf
Selena Blake
Published August 25th 2011
Pick up your copy at Amazon, B&N, or your local indie today!
Synopsis borrowed from Goodreads:

Kendall Carver knows one thing for sure – security doesn’t last. Injured and on the run, a sinfully handsome stranger saves her life.

Cajun werewolf Burke Devereux learned his lesson 200 years ago. No humans, ever. No looking, no touching, no kissing and certainly no making love. Eager to escape his Pack’s matchmaking attempts he heads for his cabin. But nothing could have prepared him for the raging blizzard or the beautiful woman begging for his help.

Burke’s always prided himself on his self control but as things get cozy, desire sparks and old secrets are brought to light. He must decide how far he will go to protect her.

Darkfallen's thoughts:

WOW this book was really good! And a lot more tame than I thought it was going to be, which leads me to my first point...

When I was asked to review this book I was told that it was an Erotica novel. I know for some of you the word erotica is a turn off. In fact my fellow bloggin buddie passed on reviewing this simply because she doesn't like Erotica. She even pouted a little because it was about werewolfs and said "Why can't it be a Paranormal Romance? Then I would read it!" After reviewing this I would like to set the record straight...

This is, in my opinion, a Paranormal Romance novel. NOT and Paranormal Erotica. So for all you people out there leery of erotica you are safe! Not only are you safe, but you should read this book if you are into a good wolfy story.

While there are some hotter scenes towards the end of this novella I would in no way call them erotica...however they are HOT! Overall this story was a perfect balance of action, drama, sweet moments, and YES even a few hot scenes done in a tasteful manner. I loved Burke and Kendall. Both as a couple and just as characters in general. I was immediately sucked into the story and found myself finishing it in one sitting!

I will definitely be reading the other books in this series:)

Lymi...



3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you reviewed this..i passed on it because i do not read erotica...so glad i can pick it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea Greta passed on it too because she doesn't read erotica either. But I'm telling ya Kresley Coles PNR are far more erotic than this.

    ReplyDelete