Monday, August 22, 2011

Wages of Sin

Title: Wages of Sin (Cin Craven #1)
Author: Jenna Maclaine
Published: 2008
Synopsis from Goodreads:

Dulcinea Craven descends from a long line of witches, and she has just inherited wild, untrained magical powers that she has no idea how to control. Now a ruthless vampire and an age-old demon are determined to enslave Cin and steal her power for their own. Her only hope is The Righteous, a band of warrior vampires who slay the rogue undead. Among them is Michael, a fierce swordsman who inflames Cin’s most primal hungers. Showing her a sensual pleasure beyond anything in the mortal realm, she must choose between the human existence she has always known, and immortality as a vampire—a new life filled with forbidden urges, dark yearning, and unearthly passions…






This wasn't a bad book but it wasn't a 5 Star OMG booky either. At least not for me... but you all know how Picky Picky I am ;)



I'm kind of thinking its because it the girly wasn't American. I know... I'm awful ;) I just kinda think that girls back then who are English were snobs. I know Dulcie wasn't a snob but you know how it is.





I wish they all could be California GIRLS!!



description





Dulcie comes from a long line of girl-power witches when one day her parents kicketh the cauldron. She then finds herself in mourning when all of the sudden there's a knock on the door and her crazy neighbor has become a vampire and wants to get his fang on. She screams and runs out towards this wizardy dude that her mom was buds with and he tells her to call Vampire-busters that is run by 3 vampires that totally won't suck her blood (unless she wants them to. *hubba hubba)





The 3 vampires seem kinda huffle puffle about being summoned to a non-Hogwartsy castle but they soon get over it and tell Dulcie the story of why they go all Buffy on their own race.



description



The story goes from there.





It's not a bad story but again... I'm not a big fan of Jolly Old England. I did however very much enjoy the Scottish Broody that was Michael. I did kinda wish that he was a bit more Kresley Cole like a "THROW YOU DOWN AND MAKE YOU LIKE IT" and not "Yes Dear" about stuff. Ya know? I wanted him to go all RAWR!! But lmao! He kinda did when he was all paint can about things ;) I mean.. my gawd!! Both hands couldn't get around it? LOLZ! Eek!



description



I recommend it to anyone who wants a good witchy story mingled in with other paranormally things. It promises to keep you entertained and leave you wondering what will happen next.



1 comment:

  1. LMAO!! Katie perry? Hogwarty? Fluffy the vamp slayer? Going all paint can? ROFLMAO!!!!

    That was awesome! And I'm not as opposed to my tea drinkers as you are;) So I bet I'll dig this.

    ReplyDelete