Thursday, August 4, 2011

Heartless (Parasol Protectorate #4) by Gail Carriger

Heartless (Parasol Protectorate #4)
By Gail Carriger
Published on July 1st 2011 by Orbit
Pick up your copy at Amazon,B&N, or your local indie today!

Synopsis borrowed from Goodreads:

Lady Alexia Maccon, soulless, is at it again, only this time the trouble is not her fault. When a mad ghost threatens the queen, Alexia is on the case, following a trail that leads her deep into her husband's past. Top that off with a sister who has joined the suffragette movement (shocking!), Madame Lefoux's latest mechanical invention, and a plague of zombie porcupines and Alexia barely has time to remember she happens to be eight months pregnant.
Will Alexia manage to determine who is trying to kill Queen Victoria before it is too late? Is it the vampires again or is there a traitor lurking about in wolf's clothing? And what, exactly, has taken up residence in Lord Akeldama's second best closet?

Darkfallen's cup of tea:

Gail Carriger has done it again, and I have to admit I don't know how she does it! Every time I start one of these books, being the under appreciated person of all things old that I am, I always wounder...
Will this be the last one for me?
 Will I make it through all the old time slag?

First off you have to understand something.
 See me-->girl who hates black & white movies, or what I also refer to as faded color, and yes that means most 80's movies are out for me
 *the crowd gasps*
 I don't do westerns, I don't do Victorian.
 (cept for my choice in houses, then Victorian becomes my fav)

So is this going to be my last Steampunk book?

 ABSOLUTELY NOT!

 While I may not ever pick up a series by a different author I will greedily read anything Gail writes. Why you ask?

Because just when I think maybe I'm done with this series, Gail leaves me with my mouth agape, in a manner better suited for catching flies, rather then in semblance of anything dignified. Untoward I proceed to insert my foot!
See Gail MUST be a good writer if she cane make me talk all proper;)

Alexia is back up to her old ways...but OMG has things twisted and turned in an unbelievable series of events!
 I NEVER would have guessed this series to take me where it has but yet here I am left standing in the middle of downtown London, Woosely taking on a whole new purpose,
 (of which I am slightly heart broken over)
 wondering where we are going to end up next and not knowing if there is enough tea in the world to accommodate such a long wait!
 And throughout the entire journey I found myself both laughing out loud and falling in love with some unexpected characters. I love how some of the side characters are being brought to the forefront! I so cannot wait to get my hands on the next book!

Alexia do be a dear and send for Floote would you? I fear this wait is going to acquire his services as far as tea is concerned.
 lolz

Lymi....

1 comment:

  1. This book has the charm of the other titles in the series. When Lady Alexia Maccon receives a warning from a ghost that the queen is in danger she sets about trying to figure out the source of the latest threat to the queen despite being hampered by her advanced pregnancy. The depiction of Alexia waddling about may occur too often for some readers, but having been around pregnant women I can't take umbrage. Several different story threads may be wrapped up too tidily, but it doesn't take away from the over all enjoyment of the book.

    ReplyDelete