Monday, July 9, 2012

Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter 0)

Title: Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter 0)
Author: 
Published: 2002
Synopsis from Goodreads


This book is part of the Dark-Hunter universe, but does not feature any Dark-Hunters, For that it's considered an introduction to the series hence the #0.

Dear Reader,

Being trapped in a bedroom with a woman is a grand thing. Being trapped in hundreds of bedrooms over two thousand years isn't. And being cursed into a book as a love-slave for eternity can ruin even a Spartan warrior's day.

As a love slave, I know everything about women. How to touch them, how to savor them, and most of all, how to pleasure them. But when I was summoned to fulfill Grace Alexander's sexual fantasies, I found the first woman in history who saw me as a man with a tormented past. She alone bothered to take me out of the bedroom and into the world. She taught me to love again.

But I was not born to know love. I was cursed to walk eternity alone. As a general, I had long ago accepted my sentence. Yet now I have found Grace - the one thing my wounded heart cannot survive without. Sure, love can heal all wounds, but can it break a two-thousand-year-old curse?

Julian of Macedon



I kind of wonder if Kresley Cole has killed romance for me.

No really....

Because I have yet to find a series that can even hold a candle next to her Immortals After Dark series.

Fantasy Lover in my opinion was just one big sorta kinda let down....

I so wanted to fall in love with it, dream about it, hunger like no other (har de har har) with it....

But it just fell kinda flat for me.

I just wanted more.

Now, I'm told that this book is cheesy and campy and is probably cool to skip.

So, with that in mind - it did take me many many books to read The Warlord Wants Forever which was the first IAD. And I found it quite a letdown and am super happy I didn't start with it.

So, that could possibly be a good thing.

I'll give it another try but this book just didn't have that RAWR I was looking for.

But that's ok... I can totally see how other peeps would dig it... I might just be needing more of a highlander werewolf than a Macedonia cover-boy warrior




1 comment:

  1. I didn't care for this one at all. I love her Dark Hunter series(especially Zarek) but I could not get into this book.

    ReplyDelete