Sunday, September 16, 2012

Wolverine 1: Prodigal Son

Title: Wolverine 1: Prodigal Son
Series: Wolverine Marvel Comics
Author:  
Illustrator:  
Published: 2009
Synopsis from Goodreads:


The gripping, all-new adventure of the x-men's greatest icon, comletely reimagined in the Manga style

This is not the Wolverine you know.

Logan is a teenage rebel with a real good reason for having a real bad attitude. Ever since being left in a nearby forest–with no memory of who he was or how he got there–Logan (or Wolverine, as his classmates sometimes call him) has been stuck in a martial arts school in the icy wilds of Canada. No wonder he’s bored, restless, yearning. There’s a whole world out there, and Logan can almost taste it. But he’s chained to a past he can’t remember and can’t escape. Now it just may destroy his future.


Awww!!!

This book is about lil Wolvie and a martial arts school.

Seriously, as I read this I kept thinking of the "Muppet Babies" the whole time. I know... totally off the wall, but that's what I was thinking of.

While this isn't a bad comic, it's not really what I thought it would be.

The dialogue was a bit weak but I think it would be perfecto for an eleven year old. There's a tad bit of cussing but it's pretty tame. H-E-Double Hockey Sticks gets said a time or two, as does Beavis and Butt-Head's favorite name for each other.

See.. pretty tame.

What I didn't really dig about this comic was how my little Wolvie acted. Sure, he's the loaner misunderstood amnesiac dude but ummm... he sure did complain a lot. But, I guess 14 year old boys do complain a lot, I just didn't think my Wolvie should. Cuz he's my Wolvie.

I thought it was super cute how baby Gambit was there. He was adorable lolz!! Shh... I thought it was cute.

While this book isn't the bestest of the best... the drawings are very nice and I must commend the author and illustrator for putting forth the effort of adding to the fandom. That is most awesome!

Definitely, let your tween give it a whirl. I betcha they'll understand it way more than me :)




No comments:

Post a Comment