Thursday, September 6, 2012

Doppelganger by Milda Harris: Review


Dopppelganger
By Milda Harris
Published July 29th 2012
Pick up your copy at B&N or Amazon today!
Synopsis borrowed from Goodreads:

Citrus Leahy is having a really bad day. First she's late to school. Then she runs into the girl who drives her nuts because she always calls her Orange instead of her name. To cap it all off, when Citrus finally makes it to class, she sees herself already inside. Wait. What? Citrus Leahy has a doppelganger! It's probably aliens taking over the world and her life has just turned totally upside down. Goodbye, normal. Hello, paranormal! Luckily, her crush Aedan has the exact same problem!






Darkfallen's thoughts:
 

This is my first run-in with Sci-Fi. At least I think this is considered Sci-Fi. To be honest I'm still not sure if we are dealing with a paranormal aspect or a sci-fi one. Still this book has intrigue that will keep you turning the pages until the very end.

Citris, and a bunch of kids at her school are being taken over by doppelgangers. For some reason Citrus and Aedan are the only two "real" people that the doppelgangers haven't kidnapped yet. The problem is, that leaves them to figure out what's going on and how to save the others, as well as not get themselves caught in the process. But it's not all bad since Citrus has a huge crush on Aedan and it looks like they are going to be spending some time together. Nothing like a life or death situation to bring people together. Now if only they can live long enough maybe Citrus will get lucky and Aedan might actually kiss her?

Like I said I am not exactly sure if we are dealing with a paranormal element or a sci-fi. I was intrigued the whole time just trying to figure that out. I am sad to say that the ending was a little abrupt, and I still don't know exactly what these "doppelgangers" are. Still there is a fair amount of action mixed with humor that kept me reading. I also think that this could have been a little better if it was just formatted differently. For example, if the author used italics in places it would have flowed better.

Overall I liked Citrus and I can't wait to see what happens next.


Lymi...
 



No comments:

Post a Comment