Monday, September 24, 2012

Destined for an Early Grave

Title: Destined for an Early Grave
Author:
Narrator:
Series: The Night Huntress #4
Type Reviewed: Audiobook
Published: 2009
Synopsis From Goodreads

Since half-vampire Cat Crawfield and her undead lover Bones met six years ago, they've fought against the rogue undead, battled a vengeful Master vampire, and pledged their devotion with a blood bond. Now it's time for a vacation. But their hopes for a perfect Paris holiday are dashed when Cat awakes one night in terror. She's having visions of a vampire named Gregor who's more powerful than Bones and has ties to her past that even Cat herself didn't know about.

Gregor believes Cat is his and he won't stop until he has her. As the battle begins between the vamp who haunts her nightmares and the one who holds her heart, only Cat can break Gregor's hold over her. She'll need all the power she can summon in order to bring down the baddest bloodsucker she's ever faced . . . even if getting that power will result in an early grave.


*spoilers * spoilers * spoilers*

Dear Lachlain MacRieve,

I'm afraid you are going to notice so I'm going to come out and say it. While you are still at the top of my Nom-List, I have to admit that there is another.

Yes yes... Your cousin Bowen... but there is someone else.

You guessed it... I've fallen for a vampire. A vampire named Bones!

I hope you can find it in your heart to understand ;) I'm sure you can you awesome Lykae!

Love,
GRETA


Welps! I finally am 4 books into the Night Huntress series and this one did not disappoint. I went into this book with very low expectations. I heard it was the worst one of the series. I for one liked it.

I liked how we learned about Mencheres knew about Cat before Bones knew about Cat. And why is that? Because BONES is not her husband!!

Say what?

Oh that's right!! Apparently there's another vampy poo who did the bloody handshake with her. His name is Gregor and he's just plain bad news if you ask me. I mean, he snatches people up in their dreams. Can anyone say Freddy Crugar?

I think the reason not too many people dug this story was because of all the fighting that Bones and Cat did. Well, mainly Bones. It was painful to listen to but it was needed. Cat needed to see how much Bones loves her. And sometimes love hurts.

I am super happy that Cat is now a vampire! Hooray!! It's about time!! And I thought it was super clever how she drinks from the Undead. HAHA! And got a kick out of it when she tossed Bones in the corner after sucking his neck and he was all like "What the duce!"

And poor poor Justina!! She is exactly what she doesn't want to be! A blood sucker!! But that's a good thing in my opinion. Justina is one of my favorite characters. Was ashamed to see that Rodney got the ax, though.

I can't wait for the next one!! I couldn't be happier with this series :)



No comments:

Post a Comment