Friday, September 14, 2012

Empty Net (Assasians #3) by Toni Aleo: Review

Empty Net (Assasins #3)
By Toni Aleo
Published September 5th 2012
Pick up your copy at Amazon and B&N!
Synopsis borrowed from Goodreads:

Definition of an Empty Net: When a team pulls the goalie for an extra attacker, desperately seeking a goal.

Audrey Parker was in a horrible place.
She hated her job, her sister was getting married and moving out, but worst of all, she was in love with a total jerk. No matter what she did, every guy she met hurt her. All she wanted was her happily ever after. Her Prince Charming. Her Lucas Brooks! She didn’t know how to change her life but she knew she needed too.
Feeling like she was about to hit rock bottom, Audrey wakes up next to Tate Odder.

Tate Odder had lost everything.
After being brought up from the Assassins’ farm team, the Florida Rays to the Nashville Assassins, Tate hopes he’ll forget everything he has lost. He doesn’t. Each day gets harder to live in a place he doesn’t know. Even being the first rookie goalie to shut out an opposing team three times during the Lord Stanley Cup Finals, he still felt empty. With the loss of his parents and sister still heavy on his heart, Tate isn’t sure how to live like everything is okay.

But when he wakes up beside Audrey Parker, things start to change. She turns his life upside down with her kooky sense of humor and her bright clothing. She is intelligent and beautiful, and for once, he doesn’t feel empty.
Will Audrey be the person to fill the holes in Tate’s heart, making him whole again?
Or will another player ruin everything, leaving him feeling forever like an empty net?

Darkfallen's thoughts:
 
This Book Is Fantastic!!!! I loved every minute of this and I never wanted it to end. It's been two days since I finished it and I still can't stop thinking about it. I simply NEED more!

But enough with my fan girl squeefest, let's talk about this book...

Audrey Parker doesn't have luck picking winners when it comes to guys. She keeps kissing frogs but it coming up empty handed when it comes to her Prince Charming. That is, until she meets Tate. The problem is that he is way to young for her, and she's scared to let him get close because she's damaged. She thinks she's not right for him because she can't give him kids, but no matter how hard she tries to push him away he keeps coming back. Maybe she should just give in to Tate and finally know what it means to have a Happily Ever After...

I came to love Audrey and all her insecurities. Don't get me wrong there were times when I wanted to just smack her around a bit, but I swear it was for her own good. lol Especially when she would over analyze everything between her and Tate. Or better yet, when she would settle for her ex/asshat of a boyfriend, Levi. Overall it was nice though to see a girl that you can relate to, because let's face it, we've all been there.

And then you have Tate, who is just OMG perfect. I Love, Love, LOVED him! No he isn't actually perfect. He made his fair share of mistakes, but his heart was always in the right place and I loved how he treated Audrey. He just cares so much for her, and the author does a really good job of making us feel what he is feeling. Never once did I think There is no way a guy would actually act like this!, as we know that happens so often in romance novels. And speaking of romance...*fans myself* it was SOOOOOOO hot! It took a little while to get there, but once we did WOW, Ms.Aleo really knows how to write a smoking hot sex scene or two, or three...lol

Now I feel I do have to mention one negative, and that's editing. This book had quite a few editing errors throughout it. I don't know if it was just in the review copy I received or not, but still I have to mention it. Just some of your common misplaced words, misspellings, and repetitiveness. I think with a good edit this story can be tightened up a bit and polished to perfection. Especially when it comes to eliminating places where things are repeated a few too many times. Still this is the first time that I have ever said a book needs editing, but I am still giving it 5 stars. It's just that good! With the edit I would say this is a more of a 7 star book, and I cannot wait to get my hands on the next one!

Overall this is a great read with everything that you could possible want from a love story:-)


Lymi...
 



No comments:

Post a Comment