Monday, February 13, 2012

Vampire Breed

Title: Vampire Breed (Kiera Hudson #4)
Author: Tim O'Rourke
Published: December 2011
Synopsis from Goodreads

Kiera Hudson wakes to find herself imprisoned. Experiencing nightmares and visions, she slowly realises that she has been subjected to a series of sinister tests and operations. Addicted to blood and in pain, Kiera knows that if she is to survive she will need to escape from her cage. But who is the werewolf that secretly visits her during the night and can Kiera trust him? Where are her friends and why hasn’t Potter come to rescue her as he promised? With no word or message from Luke and Potter, she fears that they might be dead.

But with only a chair and a book for comfort in her cage, can Kiera escape? And even if she does, what will she find on the other side of her cell walls?

Vampire Breed is Book 4 of the Kiera Hudson series.

So far she's become a cop, fell in love with a Vampyrus, saved a town or something, got talked into babysitting, then tried to save a girl, and then fell in love with an icky character that I do not like but if I cast him as an X-men then I would, and went hunting for things, had her mom try to give her some blood, and woke up in a cage.

Kinda sounds like Resident Evil without the zombies lolz!

But it's good ;)

You know, they could actually make a video game of this, now that I think about it. I could see kids playing it.

In Vampire Breed, Kiera keeps remembering memories that were either blocked or hidden and we get to hear the beginning of the story in bits and pieces which I found ultra cool. She wakes up in a zoo (with no fighting robots. I now believe after seeing Real Steal that all zoos should have fighting robots in them) and has to deal with this white paw giving her kibbles and bits and appears to be trapped.

Oh! The word is APPEARS! Cuz we all know that Kiera is a super sleuth and can totally SEE and with her detective eyes she can probably find a way outta there.

Well, probably.

We are now one book away from this adventure ending. I don't really know how much I can spill about this without wrecking it. I mean, almost everything told is pretty crucial to the story. Let's see.... Does Kiera drink the blood that her Mommy offered her from Vampire Hunt? Well, I could tell you that but if I did then it might wreck this book. Does Kiera find Kayla? Yeah, she's been hunting for her throughout the last book and if I tell you that one then it might wreck this book, too.

See... it's kinda hard.

So, instead, for your entertainment, I will cast the characters with mutants and one hottie.

Kiera played by Jean Grey cuz you know.... she's important to the series and this will totally make sense later


Luke can be played by Cyclops. Cuz honestly, don't we all hate Cyclops? He's the leader and a goody two shoes and we all wonder what the hell Jean is doing with him when we'd rather her be with a badder boy (wait a sec.. I'm getting to that)


And then we have Potter. What is up with you people? Ok, apparently you all love Potter and I find him as so much of a prick... and this goes against everything I stand for but we'll cast him as Wolverine. But not Hugh Jackman Wolverine!! I will not permit that. Noes, cuz then he'd be cute(r).



Now, the reason I did this is because, like I said, we all want the heroine to hook up with more of a bad boy. I mean, why would you want a goody two shoes like Summers? ICKS! Why doesn't Jean hook up with Logan? So, just like that, we all want (not me) to see Kiera hook up with Potter. And thus.... this


And then there's Kayla. She's one of my favorite characters. She's young, new, and full of spunk. So, I would cast her as Jubilee.


Now, I know what you're thinking. You don't like Jubilee, but I always liked her and since it's my review I can do that ;) HAHAS! But! This also works because that means Jean will be all nurturing with her. So, I think it works out with Kiera and Kayla's relationship.


And last but not least we have Isidor. Isidor was easy to cast. He's young, sexy, shoots arrows... I mean stakes... and has a habit of taking his shirt off. So, I'm dropping the X-men and moving on to Smallville. Isidor can be played by Green Arrow.


I mean, once Isidor was introduced to the series Green Arrow was all I could think about. And this is why I like him so much. For one, Mr. Tim has realized that some of us like a SWEET little bad boy. And another.. he has a habit of taking off Izzy's shirt lolz!! Just like Smallville always took off Green Arrow's at every chance they could. No, seriously! Watch the show! I think it was in his contract or something ;)


Well, there ya go folks! We're almost to the end. How on earth is our team going to get out of this? What am I talking about? Well, read the series and find out!


1 comment: