Monday, August 27, 2012

A Hunger Like No Other - Audible Review

Title: A Hunger Like No Other 
Series: Immortals After Dark
Author: 
Narrator:  
Published: 2006
Synopsis from Goodreads


Acclaimed author Kresley Cole introduces a sizzling new series with this tale of a fierce werewolf and a bewitching vampire -- unlikely soul mates whose passion will test the boundaries of life and death.

A mythic warrior who'll stop at nothing to possess her . . .

After enduring years of torture from the vampire horde, Lachlain MacRieve, leader of the Lykae Clan, is enraged to find the predestined mate he's waited millennia for is a vampire. Or partly one. This Emmaline is a small, ethereal half Valkyrie/half vampire, who somehow begins to soothe the fury burning within him.

A vampire captured by her wildest fantasy . . .

Sheltered Emmaline Troy finally sets out to uncover the truth about her deceased parents -- until a powerful Lykae claims her as his mate and forces her back to his ancestral Scottish castle. There, her fear of the Lykae -- and their notorious dark desires -- ebbs as he begins a slow, wicked seduction to sate her own dark cravings. 

An all-consuming desire . . .

Yet when an ancient evil from her past resurfaces, will their desire deepen into a love that can bring a proud warrior to his knees and turn a gentle beauty into the fighter she was born to be?






Today is my 34th birthday and because of that I am going to review one of my most favorite books.... but this time... in audioform!  So, reader beware! There will be spoilers.

This review is for the audible version

Wow! Never in my life have I ever had the patience to sit through an audiobook. I don't know why. Probably because of my attentionspan... or lack there of.

Ever since Little Dude (My turtle) entered my life I have been HUNGERING for something to do while he walks through the yard. I mean... it's not like I can read a book. If I took my eyes of Little Dude (he's smaller than a silver dollar) then there's no telling where he might wind up at.



Then one day my friend told me that I should try an audiobook. I told her there wasn't any way that I could do it... but what was the harm?

I started listening to HUNGER and zomg was I hooked! I loved it! I loved the dude that told the story (even if he made Nix sound ALL ALL WRONG!). And it was so cool to listen to one of my favorite stories acted out. I couldn't wait to listen to it every day.

I then discovered I could do simple knitting and clean the house while listening to an audiobook. This just gave me a thrill. I can read while working?!! Hurrah!!

I also seemed to pay more attention with the audiobook. I started thinking about Christoph, Emma, and Lothaire's bloodline. I also started wondering where Heath was. I mean... he has to get a story. These are things I did not think about after so many paperback re-reads. 

All in all... if you are wanting to try out audiobooks then might I suggest starting with one you have read a jillion times. YOu might just find out that you are more focused than you thought you were :)




2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! A great idea to celebrate it by reviewing a favourite book!
    I love A Hunger Like No Other, I think I'll reread it soon. I've never tried an audiobook for the exact reasons you mention. I should try, it would be awesome to read and do some stuff around the house at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pepca!!

    Definitely try a book you've read before. That way you can decide if you like it or not. I have been pleasantly surprised with audio books lately :) especially the Night Huntress Series. Those ones are to DIE for!!

    ReplyDelete