Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Redemption of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorenson: Review



The Redemption of Callie & Kayden
By Jessica Sorenson
Published August 6th 2013 by Sphere
Pick up your copy at Amazon or B&N today! Synopsis borrowed from Goodreads:

The dark secret Kayden has kept hidden for years is out. Worse, he's facing charges for battery. The only way he stands a chance against the charges is if Callie speaks up, something he'll never ask her to do.

Callie knows Kayden is going back to his dark place and desperately wants to save him. But saving him means admitting her secrets aloud. Callie and Kayden are stronger than they think, especially when they're together. Together they move forward, face their demons, and finally start to heal from their traumatic pasts.





Darkfallen's thoughts:
 
It completely broke my heart and then put it back together again!

Callie and Kayden haven't had any easy time since they got together. If it hasn't been one thing it's been another keeping them apart. Now Kayden is in the hospital trying to overcome being stabbed by his dad and the wounds he inflicted on himself. Everyone is saying that he tried to kill himself and that all of his wounds are self inflicted. They won't let anyone but family in to see him and it's driving Callie crazy. Can their love overcome all that's happened? Or will it finally crumble under the weight that is their life.

I cried, and I cried, and I cried some more! I just couldn't help it. I love these two so much. I completely fell in love with them in book one and I did it all over again here in book two. Callie is so strong and really stands up for Kayden when he needs her most. Even when he is pushing her away she never backs down and I love her for that.

I hate all that these two have had to go through but I couldn't be happier that they found each other in the end. Overall this is a series that will rip your heart out and make you fall in love with the idea that hope really exists.



Lymi...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment