Thursday, August 22, 2013

Shadows (The Rephiam #1) By Paula Weston: Review

Shadows (The Rephaim #1)
By Paula Weston
Published July 2nd by Text Publishing
Pick up your copy at B&N or Amazon today!

Synopsis borrowed form Goodreads:

It’s almost a year since Gaby Winters was in the car crash that killed her twin brother, Jude. Her body has healed in the sunshine of Pandanus Beach, but her grief is raw and constant. It doesn’t help that every night in her dreams she kills demons and other hell-spawn.

And then Rafa comes to town. Not only does he look exactly like the guy who’s been appearing in Gaby’s dreams—he claims a history with her brother that makes no sense. Gaby is forced to accept that what she thought she knew about herself and her life is only a shadow of the truth—and that the truth is more likely to be found in the shadows of her nightmares.

Who is Rafa? Who are the Rephaim? And most importantly, who can she trust?

Fast-paced and gripping, Shadows, the first book in the Rephaim series, is a standout paranormal romance for fans of Richelle Mead and Cassandra Clare.

Darkfallen's thoughts:
 
This was simply a book I couldn't put down!

It's been a year since Gaby and her twin brother Jude were in the terrible accident that took his life. Gaby is constantly haunted by the details of the accident. Not to mention the crazy dreams she has about fighting demons alongside a guy she's never met. That is until he shows up at the bar she hangs out at. And everything changes. She doesn't even know who she is much less who she can trust.

It's been a LONG while since an angel book has been able to snag my attention but this was grabbed me from the first page! I loved Gaby and her voice along with Rafa. I and totally Team Rafa! I hope these two get together for good. But aside from the apparent romance there was action, suspense, and everything you could ask for in a paranormal ya book. I just loved it!

Oh yeah and did I tell you that I Loved it yet? lol

Overall this is the best angel book I've read in a long time and I can't wait for the next book to come out!
 
Lymi...
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Same thoughts here!! I haven't been very interested in YA or adult angelic romances in awhile cause there's just so many of the same time flooding the market! But recently I've read Angelfall and Shadows and they're both surprisingly gripping and exciting! Haze (book 2) is out already and I LOVE the cover more than Shadow's! It matched the series but I think the color combination is better. :)

    Glad you liked Shadows, and looking forward to your review of Haze! (Can't wait to get started on it myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to amazon to buy if but it said it was unavailable. So maybe the second one isn't being released yet? I'm not sure but it makes me sad. Lol

      Delete