Friday, June 29, 2012

Team Human by Justine Larbalestier & Sarah Rees Brennan


Team Human
By Justine Larbalestier & Sarah Rees Brennan
Publication Date July 3rd by HarperTeen
Pick up your copy at B&N, Amazon, or your local indie today!
Synopsis borrowed from Goodreads:

Just because Mel lives in New Whitby, a city founded by vampires, doesn’t mean she knows any of the blood-drinking undead personally. They stay in their part of town; she says in hers. Until the day a vampire shows up at her high school. Worse yet, her best friend, Cathy, seems to be falling in love with him. It’s up to Mel to save Cathy from a mistake she might regret for all eternity!

On top of trying to help Cathy (whether she wants it or not), Mel is investigating a mysterious disappearance for another friend and discovering the attractions of a certain vampire wannabe. Combine all this with a cranky vampire cop, a number of unlikely romantic entanglements, and the occasional zombie, and soon Mel is hip-deep in an adventure that is equal parts hilarious and touching.

Darkfallen's thoughts:

Well this review is going to be a short one because sadly this just wasn't what I thought it would be...

I want to start out by saying that I give this book 3 stars because I don't think the writing is bad, but really I wanted to give it a 2 because this book just wasn't for me. When I read the synopsis I was expecting more of a intense paranormal ya, what I got instead is more like a parody of vampires. This book is very much more of a comedy, and a lot less like the books I usually read.

I do however think most people will love this book. Especially if you are one of the many that likes to make fun of books like Twilight and the House of Night series, then this book is for you. I guess I just didn't have the sense of humor for this book, so for me I found it hard to get into to.

Overall I think this book, in the hand of the right reader, is great. Unfortunately for me I just couldn't bring myself into the right mentality and in the end had to put it down. This is definitely one of those books where you either love it, or you don't.


Lymi...



No comments:

Post a Comment