Monday, May 14, 2012

The Coven (Sweep #2)

Title: The Coven
Series: Sweep Series
Author: Cate Tiernan
Published: 2001
Synopsis from Goodreads

Cal, now Morgan's boyfriend, helps her accept the truth: Wicca is in Morgan's blood. As Morgan learns more about Wicca, she realizes that she needs to find out more about her parentage. The answers are there, but she doesn?t know how to find them.

ZOMG WHAT A FREAKING AWESOME ENDING!!

I can't believe it ended like that! It makes me want to squee, sceam, and gasp!

Can I get at "tre' awesome" in the house?

"COVEN" picks up where "Book of Shadows" left off.

Morgan passed out, Cal picks her up, smoochy boochy, you're a blood witch.

But how is Morgan a blood witch? And what is a blood witch?

A blood witch is a person who is born with witch parents.

But Morgan's parents are like Dagwood and Blondie. Totally not very witchy. There is totally no Samantha or Endora going on in that bloodline.

And that's when she learns the truth. Morgan brings it up to Mom and Daddy and they are like "ummm... what you talkin' 'bout?"

And Morgan jokes, "What? Am I adopted or something?"

And the cat is let out of the bag. I mean... the black cat is let out of the cauldren!

Morgan is totally adopted! Mom and Dad adopted her when she was just an infant.

In the book "Coven" we learn about Morgan's real mom, glimpse into her Book of Shadows, and discover just how strong a witch Morgan is going to be.

We also have a bit more sexual tension between her and Cal, a fight between Morgan and her parents (which I kind of thought was off the wall but I guess it makes for a good storyline), a couple of boob touches (so parents beware!), and Bree and Raven are getting closer together.

OH! And then we get introduced to a new person. Who is she? It is yet to be revealed but I can already tell she's going to be bad news.

At just 184 pages this book totally kept my attention. Even though Morgan sometimes seems like a bit of a whiner I am still fascinated by what is going on and am able to look past her little fits.

These are definitely my cup of bat tea!





3 comments:

  1. This is one of my all time favorite series! I need to take time to sit down and re-read them all again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez awesome review..now i have to read this series..cuz of your comments about the ending!

    ReplyDelete