Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld #1) by Gena Showalter: Review

The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld #1)
By Gena Showalter
Published 2008 by HQN
Pick up your own copy at B&N, Amazon, or your local indie today!
Synopsis borrowed from Goodreads:

His powers -- Inhuman...
His passion -- Beyond immortal . . .
All her life, Ashlyn Darrow has been tormented by voices from the past. To end the nightmare, she has come to Budapest seeking help from men rumored to have supernatural abilities, not knowing she'll be swept into the arms of Maddox, their most dangerous member -- a man trapp ed in a hell of his own.
Neither can resist the instant hunger than calms their torments . . . and ignites an irresistible passion. But every heated touch and burning kiss will edge them closer to destruction -- and a soul-shattering test of love . . .

Though they carry an eternal curse, the Lords of the Underworld are irresistibly seductive -- and unimaginably powerful . . . Don’t miss this incredible new paranormal series from Gena Showalter!

Darkfallen's thoughts:

So this book was a little slow in the beginning. In fact it was so slow that I thought maybe I shouldn't finish it, but everyone told me that the series gets better after the first book so I stuck it out.

While it does pick up and flesh out a bit towards the end, this book is still a little flat around the edges and just lacking something. I mean the scenes between Maddox and Ashlyn are both sweet and HOT at times but I felt it took to long to get to there. This just left me feeling bored on several occasions. I would have liked to see more between them two earlier on in the book rather than later.

Still by the end of the book I found myself less and less bored and even enjoying this story. Better yet I was compelled to jump right into the second book and I am here to tell you that the second book is WAY better. Overall I say read this and stick it out to get to book two, it will be worth it.

Lymi...



3 comments:

  1. I love this series! Can you tell by my avatar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you love it...they're all hot men with wicked butterfly tattoos. Lol

    ReplyDelete