Friday, May 4, 2012

The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld #2) by Gena Showalter: Review

The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld #2)
By Gena Showalter
Published June 1st 2008 by Harlequin
Pick up your copy at Amazon, B&N, or your local indie today!
Synopsis borrowed from Goodreads:

She has tempted many men...but never found her equal. Until now.

Though she has lived for centuries, Anya, goddess of anarchy, has never known pleasure. Until Lucien, the incarnation of death--a warrior eternally doomed to take souls to the hereafter. He draws her like no other. And Anya will risk anything to have him.

But when the merciless Lord of the Underworld is ordered by the gods to claim Anya herself, their uncontrollable attraction becomes an anguished pursuit. Now they must defeat the unconquerable forces that control them, before their thirst for one another demands a sacrifice of love beyond imagining...

Darkfallen's thoughts:

WOW! This book was so much better then the first book and the prequel to this series. In fact I think it redeemed this whole series for me.

Going into this book I wasn't expecting to like it all that much. The first book just fell really flat for me, but a few friends suggested that I give this series a chance and read book two. I am so glad I did! This book took me by a total surprise. Not only with the fact that the story isn't flat and the characters are more fleshed out, but also the fact that this book centers around Lucien and Anya. With the way the first book sets everything up you would expect this book to be about Reyes and Danika, so when it turned out to be about Lucian and Anya I was surprised. I was surprised even more at how drawn I was to these two considering I never gave them much thought in book one, and I never would have guessed them as a couple.

Lucien can't stop thinking about the mysterious goddess that saved Maddox and Ashlyn and broke the death curse that tied him to Maddox every night. He doesn't know why he can't get he out of his head. I mean he has never even laid eyes on her before. But he's heard her voice in his heard, and he smelled her strawberries and cream scent, and now he can't stop. He still smells her around him at the weirdest times. Even when he's off carting souls to Hell in the spirit world.

Anya, Goddess of Anarchy, loves chaos. She lies all the time, steals just to even her out, and kills without batting an eyelash. Love isn't something the goddess is even possible of feeling. Lust however...yes lust she can do and right now she can't seem to get the scarred, yet sexy Lucien, Lord of the Underworld out of her heard. But it makes sense considering he is also the keeper of the demon of Death and who better for Anarchy than a demon? That is until Cronus steps in the picture and ruins what could have been a simple, yet sexy, game of lust.

What happens when the man you lust for is compelled to kill you by a higher power? And what happens when the women your supposed to kill turns into a women you can't live without? What's stronger? Love or a command from the king of the gods?

Of course I can't give you much more without giving it all away but, OMG this book was so good. It's not only packed full of action, but also with some majorly HOT scene that are sure to make your temperature rise. While I never gave much thought to these two in the previous book I can't get them out of my head now. I loved them together.

Overall this was a great read and I can't wait to see who is next to come in this series!!

Lymi...




4 comments:

  1. Love reading about your journey through this series.

    Hope the bun is good. July?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bun is doing good. I just found out that I'm diabetic unfortunately so I think ima starve to death. Lol

    And yep the bun should be here around July 17th!

    ReplyDelete