Monday, September 5, 2011

Chibi Vampire Book 1

Title: Chibi Vampire, Volume 1
Author: Yuna Kagesaki
Published: 2006
Type of book: Comic
Synopsis from Goodreads


Karin is a cute little girl who also happens to be a vampire...with a twist. Once a month, she experiences intense bleeding from her nose--we're talking gushers! In other words, she's a vamp with blood to spare, so rather than stealing blood from humans she actually gives her blood to them. If done right, this can be an extremely positive experience that benefits the "victim" as much as the vampire. The problem is that Karin never seems to do things right



This book was most awesome and super duper CUTE!!!!





I must admit that this is my very first Manga Book so I had no idea that you have to read it backwards.



I picked it up from the library the other day



(forcing my son come in with me because even though he thinks he's super cool it would not be super cool to have to take him to the hospital because he roasted in the car while waiting on me to get my books) and my son is the one that told me "OH!! YOU got a manga book!"



and after I was like "How do youknow that word?"



I was then taught that I'm kinda lame and all kids know what manga is and that you read them backwards.



"SOO, that's why the barcode is on the front?!!" Yeah, he totally thought I was lame.







I didn't know what to expect from this. Sailor Moon skirts? A bunch of funny names that I don't know how to pronounce? No clue!







Well, there were Sailor Moon skirts and funny names but there was also humor! THis book (at times) is hilarious and I'm shockle dockle that a dude wrote this. He did such an awesome job making Karin sound right. I had no problems with it at all!! Most awesome!!







So, the thing with KARIN is her family are vampires and while she's a vampire too she really hasn't tapped into her INNER-Vampire. SO, she's different. Like she goes to school and digs the sun and has friends and only munches on people once a month (which I thought was hilarious!!) but has these killer nose bleeds when she da da da.... finds the kinda nom she wants to sink her fangs into.







That's when we meet Kenta Usui. He's transfer student who lives with is mom and starts meets this really weird girl who keeps running from him (<-- that would be Karin) and he just totally can't figure her out.






Karin's family is very very interesting







Mom reminds me of a Karen Walker mixed with Jessica Rabbit with a naughty librarian vibe going on. YOu betcha!







Dad is well... I don't know. He seems to be Mom's slave. I guess he's one of those "Yes Dear" guys







Ren is Karin's brother and think LESTAT from Interview with the Vampire. OMG! More pictures please! He's also a regular stuf muffin... wait... Lestat is a sud muffin... Oh wells... you'll like him.







And Annju is Karin's little sister who has not become a full vampire but can do cool stuff like control bats and erase people's minds. She is most awesome and creepy and funny... but don't tell her she's funny because I think that would annoy her. Oh yeah... and she's like a little kid which makes her interactions with Karin even more hilarious.







I'm totally kicking myself for not getting the next book from the library. That means I'll have to wait a week.







The only problem I had with this book was getting used to reading it from right to left... but it doesn't take long to master that ninja skill.







If you've never read manga and want to try it out I think this is the most perfect book.







OH! And there's a rating on it too. It says 16 and up and is labeled as comedy/horror... But I would totally let my 14 year old son read this. (cuz apparently he probably already has lolz)



No comments:

Post a Comment