Friday, July 1, 2011

Kept

Title: Kept
Author: Zoe Winters
Published: 2008
Synopsis from Goodreads

As a cat therian (shifter), Greta’s blood is already sought after to enhance spells and potions, but due to a quirk of her birth, her blood is potent enough to kill for. When her tribe plans to sacrifice her, Greta must ally herself with Dayne, the dangerous local sorcerer, and the only person strong


enough to protect her.





Everyone knows that Greta is just an anagram for GREAT , don't they?

Well, you should!!

You should also know that every single Greta on the entire planet is super obsessed with their name. You really really need to know that. It's true. I know. I'm addicted to my own name. And I'm not the only one lolz. I've even done a blog post about how awesome my name is lolz.

I guess all the Gretas of the world are quite narcissistic in a way. Not with ourselves.... wait... we kind of are all in love with ourselves. But you should really blame our parents for that. You don't name a child Greta (or a German shepherd) without being ready to face some damage. That kid is going to grow up stamping her foot because she can't have a killer personalized bike plate or a most awesome monogrammed notepad... but if we find something that has those 5 little letters on it (or even a 'G'!) well... LOOK OUT!!

(and you guys wonder why Gwen Steffani lovers that letter lolz!! G babies work the same way lolz)

So, enough about how awesome my name is....

Let me tell you about this Novella.

Greta (who is awesome because she has an awesome name) is a werecat (which is also awesome).

Now, in the description, when I read she was a werecat I seriously was thinking Vincent from Beauty in the Beast. I was like "OMG!! Tre' cool!!" Butters... she's not a Beast... she's a kitty kitty meow meow. So, just like how TAY TAY turns into a wolfy woo... she turns into a house cat... OH!! A black sexy house cat who has to take pills everyday to keep her HEAT lover loo cycle in check.

That's right kids. -me-ow.

I really had no idea how horny cats were until I read this book.

Now, wait!! Before you think this book has feline humping... there isn't any of that... well, there's some humping (you can kinda tell by the cover... so I don't think that's a spoiler) but no cat on cat.

Anyways... Greta is a werecat and a hot to trot human (almost) 28 year old. She owns a book store, talks to vampires, and has to run to a sorcerer to protect her from ummm the plot of the book (well, if I told you that then it WOULD be a spoiler).

Insert Harry Potter!!

No no No no!!

What are you thinking? Harry Potter... I'm not that twisted :P

Insert Dayne!! The tall, grunge t-shirt wearing, muscular noms who is willing to alleviate Greta's sexual desires (again... look at the cover... that is NOT a spoiler. I mean check out the title... it's called KEPT... why is he keeping her? lolz)

So, the book had a bit of choppiness and kinda read like some Fan Fiction authors write but I thought it was mega fun. I loved that the storyline was quick and breezy, the characters were cool, oh oh oh!! there's a RL cat in it, and all in all it was just cute and fun.

I would totally recommend it if you are looking for an easy read.

And I would soo soo soo REC it to all the Gretas of the world. It was like reading a story that was just written for me. That was tre' cool!




1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed this! And yes, any Greta's are great. Everyone is! And thanks for stopping by my WoW!
    Nina @ Death Books and Tea

    ReplyDelete