Thursday, June 6, 2013

Dare You To by Katie McGarry: Review

Dare You To (Pushing The Limits #2)
Katie McGarry
Published May 28th 2013 by Harliquin Teen
Pick up your copy at Amazon, B&N, or your local indie today!
Synopsis borrowed from Goodreads:
Ryan lowers his lips to my ear. "Dance with me, Beth."
"No." I whisper the reply. I hate him and I hate myself for wanting him to touch me again....
"I dare you..."
 
If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does....
 
Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.
 
But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all....

Darkfallen's thoughts:
 
 
This book is just...WOW!

Beth Risk has a less than stellar home life. Her mother is an alcoholic and a drug user and her moms boyfriend has sworn to kill Beth if he ever sees her again. So to protect her mom at all costs she hides her home life. She knows her mom with get arrested if anyone finds out. After one particularly rough night Beth takes the fall for her mom and ends up in jail. That's the night that everything changed. After moving in with her uncle she meets Ryan at her new school.

Ryan was dared to get her phone number one night at a Taco Bell. Boy was he surprised when she turned up to be the new girl at his school. And since her never got her number he is determined to complete the dare and get it. Only thing is now his friends have upped the bet. Her has to get her to go out on a date with him. Little do both of them know is that the more they resist each other the closer they get. So close that they can't turn away from each other.

So I have to say that while I enjoyed Dare You To I loved Pushing the Limits more. Beth is rough around the edges and trusts no one. While Ryan is the n ice popular jock with a less than stellar home life and a secret. But to Beth he just looks like the jock that has everything so she gives him a hard time. The first half of this book was a little flat for me. It just didn't have the passion that Noah and Echo had in Pushing The Limits. Still it was a great fast read and I can't wait to read the next book in this series. I especially loved the ending...but of course my lips are sealed. lol

Overall this was another stellar book by Katie McGarry and I look forward to what else she has coming for me.
 
 
Lymi...
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment